free hit
counters
Starter and E-brake - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine how the starter would be connected to the e-brake. I would assume coincidence. I currently have a problem with hot starts, what was the temp when you shut it off and when you tried to start it?

That was just a coincidence. Your starter seems to be going out. When they are on thier way out, they wont work and a few minutes later without any rhyme or reason, they'll work again. Don't trust it as it will most likely happen again. Same thing happened to me in my Z28 yesterday; replaced the starter today.

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

sounds interesting, what is this E-brake ?

Some US specific (for people who can't use a car correctly, or only skilled in starting automatic cars...)

OK, last coment was not serious.. forgett it :cool:

edit: as i have said in owners page dokumentation: those Delco-Remy starters are easy to repair. You need only a soldering iron and a mechanic with enough time. Dismantle the planetary-gear setting and regrease it. The carbon brushes are also renewable ( i have some stronger in it with higher copper concentration ,from a truck system. the comutator wears out a bit faster, but it can carry higher current flows). And again, some parts are also usable from bosch an other units (notice the "Mitsubishi badge" on the gear housing..)

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Same here...What is the "E- Brake" ??

On this subject, wouldn't it be nice if the new Esprit could have an electronic handbrake like the one in my wife's S-Type jag? It makes life incredibly easy compared to the nightmare "reach if you can and squash your face on the windscreen while you do" handbrake in the current car.

The only reason that I mentioned it is that when the Emergency break was applied hard there was no sign of even a solenoid clicking. Absolutely noting happened and the moment I released the E-break it started right up. I had just removed the starter a few months ago, cleaned it and re-greased it. I will try it again tonight and see if I can replicate the same event.

Scott

so we are still coinfused: "Emergency" means - "Anti lock"[ABS], or "handbrake lever", also called "parking brake". Or what ..??

edit @ John W. : ever tried to do a smoth handbrake drift and than a steady slide with an Esprit !? I would say impossible ... :D (if you sit, as a normal right-hander, in a continental specified car )

Kimbers, i need a handbrake lever in the middle in my next car... !! :D

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Yes your correct, the E-break, Emergency Break is the same as the Hand break. The lever on the left side by the door (USA) that applies breaking to the rear wheels when the car is parked. My fault being from Minnesota, we have always called it that.

I will check it when I get home this evening and see if I can repeat the same event.

Scott