free hit
counters
Esprit documentary on Men and Motors - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OwenGT3

Esprit documentary on Men and Motors

Hi,

Watched an hour long program last night at 6pm all about the Esprit, it was on Men and Motors channel, thanks for telling me about it Simonf. It was a very good program, Guy Munday was on there from Stratton Motor Company, also Kato and I think it was Snuffy with a 350 race replica.

The program was well put together, possibly the music was typical 'cheesey' stuff, :D what you would expect for this type of documentary (no reflection on the cars!). I video taped it and will capture it to my computer, edit the adverts out and have a good copy to keep. :cool: (don't have a DVD recorder yet! :P )

I don't know if this program is available on a DVD, does anyone involved knows if it is?

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm in it too :cool:

It was available though the Men & Motors website. My copy has died, not sadly from watching it too much but I think the quality of the disc is somewhat suspect!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

...... Guy Munday was on there from Stratton Motor Company, also Kato and I think it was Snuffy with a 350 race replica.

It was not Snuffy....it was me. He stole my identity for his Avatar for a while.....?

The DVD is available on LEW from the producers, Mandrill Television:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuf...ocumentary.html

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

It was not Snuffy....it was me. He stole my identity for his Avatar for a while.....?

Cheers,

Mike S

Sorry, that would be the confusion, I haven't put all faces to names yet. Lovely car by the way, well they were all excellent examples of Esprits. What runway was that filmed on?

Owen

The filming took place at Throckmorton in Worcestershire. Apparently the airstrip was used by Wellington bombers in WWII, but it is not a Transport depot. Mike Haines knows the owner and managed to convince him to let Mandrill use it.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

Owen,

I have it on DVD/R but promised to lend it to Buddsy and Nifty, if you could burn a few copies (if that doesn't breech any copyright laws :cool: ) you are welcome to borrow it!

Where is your article on the diner (dixies is it?) on the A47 i can't find it anywhere!

The filming took place at Throckmorton in Worcestershire. Apparently the airstrip was used by Wellington bombers in WWII, but it is not a Transport depot. Mike Haines knows the owner and managed to convince him to let Mandrill use it.

Cheers,

Mike S

Mike your car looked awesome!

I especially liked the part when you gave it the biggun on the disused runway! snorting and barking it was!

Disapointed to hear that you hadn't really driven it though! Hope that has been rectified now!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Mike your car looked awesome!

I especially liked the part when you gave it the biggun on the disused runway! snorting and barking it was!

Disapointed to hear that you hadn't really driven it though! Hope that has been rectified now!

I still haven

rumour is the GT3 was the coolest car there LOL, (own the car a few months and thrown infront of a camera, blag of the day)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Cheers,

Mike S

I would love to see this, but I can see no way to purchase the DVD, are the dead links on this page the reason, or am I being really dim?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.