free hit
counters
Headlamp Pod not locking in up position - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Quicker

Headlamp Pod not locking in up position

My passenger side pod comes up - but I can push it back down with hand pressure, and while driving road bumps will have it start to droop...

Is the the infamous lift-motor rebuild I read about in the searches (gear and or bumpers)?

or is there a distintive lock that should happen when fully up? (pointing to springs, tie-rod)

thanx

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like you're going to be rebuilding the motors, there's nothing else that locks the pods in place! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

thanks - is that more than the bumpers and gear - actual armature/bushings as well?

just the $2 kit for Fiero for the delrin parts in the gears

very simple job

see Sanj's site

http://turboesprit.tripod.com/index.html

pics and source for parts

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

got it.

how does the motor know when to 'stop' going up or down? is there a specific time of current to the motor or is it torque sensing?

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

You can get evrything you need for the head lamp motor re-build from a hardware store like Lowe's. Run about 2 bucks and a half hour to do the job. I have a step by step work doc. with photos if you would like it. Just let me know and I'll send it...

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

rebuilt both pods today - it was very simple - less than 2hrs.

with the advice I found in some old threads - I use the rebuild kit from www.top-downsolutions.com and swapped to aluminum gears while I had it all apart. Sure enough the plastic bumpers were nothing but a spoon full of dust.

http://www.top-downsolutions.com/product_i...products_id=106

http://www.top-downsolutions.com/product_i...?products_id=87

Thank again!

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....