free hit
counters
Correct battery type for 2000 V8? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Clements Danton

Correct battery type for 2000 V8?

Hi all - great to see so many people at stoneleigh yesterday - had a fab run there and back, but drove the ol' girl this morning, and the rev counter went right off the scale a couple of times (no, I didn't have my foot to the floor!) / battery light started to glow - I assume cold night/ battery needs replacing, but cannot find any reference to the correct battery? I have looked online... The alternator was replaced a couple of months ago, so I hope it's not that, and the battery was also replaced at the same time, but its a cheap japanese make I have never heard of, and the lotus dealer who fitted it, has definately been a bit of a cheap skate, i think...

any ideas? Please. :D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good day you hooligan. If your battery light is glowing it'll be the alternator not charging properly (like we had on the way back from Donny).

Time to moan at 'you know who' !!! :D

I guess you'll be in the Elan tonight? :D

Take it back to the dealer, that's shoddy.

Get a Halfords Calcium one, you can take them back every 18 months and get a free replacement :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:D

fireworkscopy.jpg

Evora NA

*Varta* has a own page, with the Esprit in its car reference list

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..