Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New steering column problem - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New steering column problem

I got a new steering column off Malcolm before he headed off to Japan, and I also got a steering boss with it.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but the boss doesn't go far enough onto the column for the brass pin that the horn uses to touch against the horn slip ring.

the boss does seem to go on fully though.

Is it possible that Malc gave me the wrong boss?

I've attached a couple of pictures.

Glyn.

post-2378-1194432181.jpg

post-2378-1194433466.jpg

post-2378-1194433478.jpg

Edited by Glyn Harper

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Momo millenium steering wheel for my GT3 a few years back but couldn't fit it as the Boss wasn't a standard Momo size.

I got in touch with "Claudius" in the states and he made me a very good one which works a treat. His ad should still be in the Ads section.

Hope that helps

This one doesn't appear to have any collets.

It looks like the original boss did go on a lot further, as you can see on the pictures where the column is 'clean', where it's obviousley had one, and a bit rusty further down.

My guessing is I've got the wrong boss for the column I've got.. but I'm not sure what boss I need.

It should be a V8 column, and it certainly has the right fittings for the later vauxhall ignition barrell and indicator stalks.. (which is what i'm after).

I wonder if the boss I have is an early one or something? Having said that.. it's not like my 88 one, and it has the horn slip ring on so it must be from a later car.

It's really puzzling.