free hit
counters
music - Guitar Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
james125

music

whats everyones music taste, im into all the old eighties bands(the cure,simple minds,dire straights,blondie,the police, the carrs, queen, meat loaf,celine dion,cher,hazel o connor,phil collins,gensis,billy joel and loads more) i also like some classical and the odd bit of country.

James

Edited by james125

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bit like Pete really. There is everything on my Ipod from George Formby, to Gorillaz. I do however have a particullar liking for Alan Parsons, and film & TV music.

I do however have a particullar liking for Alan Parsons

Ade, Is that Alan Parsons of 'Don't answer me' fame? Top track if it is.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'm the 9th member of the Goldie Lookin' Chain, says a lot about my musical taste! :blink::thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

My favourite band of all time is Thin Lizzy

ooh i like these questions :blink:

i guess im quite lucky as i have worked with many top name artists over the years, and still do occassionally, let me see :thumbup:

kirsty hawkshaw

hugh mc dowell, E.L.O

simon berry ,art.of .trance

mauve, ultravynil

kenny jones, too many artists to name

brian ferry

delerium

faithless

geri halliwell

steve lipton

so luckily i get ot hear all the songs and work on them before they come out so i have a massive collection of stuff here on cds and multitrack the only thing im not into is stuff like heavy/death metal and cheesy pop crap a'la sclub 7 etc..

i would love to hot link a couple of my tracks but getting permission isnt easy and i dont fancy a copyright suit! but one of my best ones is "love washes over-pherik remix" on the platipus label if you want a listen, that went top 40 on release and was on every major cd compilation that year.

edit: heres the hot link to the love washes lo res demo from the labels site, im allowed this one :Phttp://www.platipus.co.uk/audio/wma/JUL028.wax

Edited by bigsi

Love loads of different styles. Depends on my current mood as to which CD gets played.

Here are a few of the gigs I have been to.

- Supertramp

- The Police

- Joe Cocker

- Chris De Burgh (before "Lady in Red" days)

- Jean Michel Jarre (Docklands)

- Pink Floyd

- Eric Clapton

- BB King

- Buddy Guy

- Robert Cray

- Phil Collins

- Jethro Tull

- Midge Ure

- Santana

- Travis

- Mike Oldfield

- Simply Red

- U2

- Chris Rea

- Barclays James Harvest

- Manfred Mann

- Simple Minds

- Bryan Adams

- Def Leppard

- Bon Jovi

- Varies Classical concerts

Some are a bit embarrassing nowadays. Please don't take the piss too much.

Best 3 were:

1) Eric Clapton with the London Philharmonic Orchestra

2) BB King

3) Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells II

Current favourite track is

Regards,

Peter.

glad to see other people like Alan Parsons and I am not alone. I have a lot of the albums from the early days (The Alan Parsons Project)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Alan Parsons also engineered Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" album. Sold a few copies if I remember correctly.

Regards,

Peter.

glad to see other people like Alan Parsons and I am not alone. I have a lot of the albums from the early days (The Alan Parsons Project)

I'm a classical pianist and I'm a composer also, so...

only classical music for me.

There is a English composer, one of the biggest Genius of all time.

His name is Benjamin Britten, my favourite composer.

Anyone knows him?

List of his masterworks:

Violin Concert

Choral music (various)

Peter Grimes

The turn of the screw

Saint Nicholas

Les illuminations

Death in Venice :getmecoat::blush: :blush:

Ive got them all on CD now from 1976's Tales of Mystery & Imagination, to 2004"s A valid Path. I know the concept album has fallen out of favor recently but the quality of production and engineering on AP albums is top notch, as well as the songwriting.

peter, you saw mike oldfeilds tubular bells, what a lucky lucky man. the is such a wonderful song. cant beat that on a winters morning when you wake up pelting out the hifi. love it

Thin Lizzy. Greatest Rock band of all time!!

Nothing better than driving along on a sunny day with the sunroof open, listen to the Jailbreak Album.

Others:

Van Halen (Lee Roth era)

AC/DC (Bon Scott Era)

Jeff Beck

Steely Dan

Jimi Hendrix

Early Whitesnake

For any lovers of 70's era rock have you checked out this?

Wolfgangs Vault

Started out as the tape archive of Bill Graham who ran the Fillmore venues in USA and taped all his gigs, but also includes the old King Biscuit Flower Hour tapes and more.

You're only supposed to be able to stream them, but if you play them while running a sound editing program in record mode (I use Cooledit pro) then they'll record to your hard drive.

The Pink Floyd concert from 1977 is truly awesome (listen to Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour laughing at each other during Have A Cigar), and there are 2 Early Zep gigs which are good too. Have a scout around and enjoy...............

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Re Alan Parsons Project. I actually had Ammonia Avenue, which was a great album (Only on pre-recorded tape unfortunately). Don't answer me was from this album I seem to remember. The title track was great. The whole point of them was that it tended to be a different set of session musicians each time didn't it, and the common thread was Alan Parsons himself. I seem to remember Colin Blunstone (sp?) was the vocalist on Ammonia Avenue.

This is a bit like one of my all time favourite bands (sounds like a crap DJ talking), and that's The Divine Comedy. The line up changes, but the common thread is Neil Hannon, singing and writing.

Phil B

Edited by Phil_B

Re Alan Parsons Project. I actually had Ammonia Avenue, which was a great album (Only on pre-recorded tape unfortunately). Don't answer me was from this album I seem to remember. The title track was great. The whole point of them was that it tended to be a different set of session musicians each time didn't it, and the common thread was Alan Parsons himself. I seem to remember Colin Blunstone (sp?) was the vocalist on Ammonia Avenue.

The Alan Parson Project consisted of Alan Parsons & Eric Woolfson, when Woofson left in the early 90's the Albums just went under Alan Parson name. You are right in that the rest of the band is made up of session musicians and singers. Singers are choosen if their voice fits the feel of the song, likewise with musicians. I especially like the instrumental tracks.

I'm not a fan of the miriad of talent shows but these guys have AMAZING voices :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8OFn1eym4U

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

The other day I was looking around eBay, as you do, and happened to do a search for "records"...this turned out to be vinyl LPs, mainly, and the first one listed was a Bill Evans/ Jim Hall collaboration entitled "Intermodulation"...for £200!! Crikey....I'm sure I have that...so I had a look in the cabinet and there it was. Hmmm. Wonder what else is worth a bob or two? So I went through half the collection and, judging from the prices asked for on eBay, that would cost me over £2000 to replace. Madness. Of course, there's a world of difference between that and realising the money!! Does seem that I've invested my pocket money well, though....

The valuable stuff was things like Davy Graham "Folk, Blues and Beyond" and some of the more esoteric jazz....boxed sets of opera were valueless, by comparison. Must admit that, these days, I tend to play rather than listen...creation is more rewarding than consumption, any day. 

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein