free hit
counters
Cracked wheel - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mike733

Cracked wheel

I noticed one of my rear wheels has a cracked spoke. I think I read a long time ago about a Lotus Recall for wheels but not sure of the year or make of wheel. Anybody know. If it was recalled how do I go about geting it replaced? Car is a 98.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep there was a recall for your type of alloy wheel for exactly that reason. Give the factory (or Lotus USA - just spotted where you're from!) a call with your chassis number and see if your car is still owed a new pair of rear wheels.

Having said that, there were still a few cars that suffered from a fractured spoke even with their new wheels. (my old V8 was one of them, but the next owner experienced it - I'm not sure what the outcome was)

The picture of your car in your profile has the AWI's which were the focus of the wheel recall.

I was told by Dave Simkin of Lotus USA that all wheels were accounted for.

Look on the inside of your wheels for a green dot. if you have the green dot then they were replaced under the recall, and are the newer "better" versions.

btw I have those same wheels...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

is this recall limitet to the US only ??

My is also '98 [with AWI]and i have not heared anything about rim change from previous owner .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..