free hit
counters
Dip Beam - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Right then, got my s4 ready for the mot but when I put main beam on my dip lights turn off, when I have dip on and flash everything lights up. If it's the stalk what are they off or does it sound like it could be possibly something else?

Any ideas greatfully accepted.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then, got my s4 ready for the mot but when I put main beam on my dip lights turn off, when I have dip on and flash everything lights up. If it's the stalk what are they off or does it sound like it could be possibly something else?

Any ideas greatfully accepted.

That's normal for stock cars below a certain age (they introduced some regulation that you can't have more than two high beams during normal running).

In fact most people change the relay so you get all four lights on high beam, and I've never had any problem either on the road or with the MOT.

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

I upgraded my dipped beams to HID lights, and they stay on permanently once I switch the lights on. The main beams then just come on and off as required.

Annoyingly, not long after I did so, a set of dipping HID bulbs came out!

What would be fantastic is to have all your lights as dip/high HID lights. That would be really bright!

Wouldn't draw that much current either, as HID lights are a lot lower wattage.

Edited by Glyn Harper

Glyn,

Which HID lights did you go for in the end? I'm thinking of this conversion and there seen a bewildering array of lights and suppliers out there. Did you have any installation problems?

cheers,

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004