free hit
counters
Help needed in Lancashire - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

Help needed in Lancashire

I'v been working on a S4 that has been stood for 4 years, all was fine untill the MOT today, she has failed on high emissions on tick over. I'm putting a post in the tech room but if any one could help me with free scan who would be willing to come to the Blackpool area I would be gratefull, money for fuel and time would be sorted. Or does any one know of any garage near to me that could help?

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi john,

I have a freescan cable but my laptop with serial port is nearly dead. My new laptop hasn't got serial. I still may be able to help but Iam busy at work and have meetings to go to in the opposide direction. Shame really as the past few weeks I've had meetings at Preston!

I'll see what I can do over the next few days. If you pm me your contact details I'll ring you.

My email is [email protected]

Dave

I'd be happy to pop over on Saturday if you can wait that long. My laptop, cable & freescan all work OK.

I was only planning on washing the car, so I can just blame you if it's still dirty for the NMEG run!

Phil

More speed, less haste

But now you've posted "your excuse" for the whole world to see, we won't be buying that one :wacko:

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Well Cheers Superdave and noneshallpass I may take you up on your offers soon, my dad has ordered lamba sensor today, think he's fed up of it being in the garage. If this doesn't work I'll Pm you both and try and work something out, sorry, this means you'll have to wash that car after all.

John

Hi SS, from another up't North. I had (www.lotusclassiccars.com) at Southport change cambelt & other fiddly stuff - lots of Lotus cars in there ranging from Europa's through to Esprit V8's being serviced / fettled etc. Also did a bit of re-trimming work too. Couple of years ago now but ok for me.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tony

Sorry. I don't live near you so I can't help but I had to say I love your user name. Not sure how sideways you would want to get the Esprit, though.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Well Cheers Superdave and noneshallpass I may take you up on your offers soon, my dad has ordered lamba sensor today, think he's fed up of it being in the garage. If this doesn't work I'll Pm you both and try and work something out, sorry, this means you'll have to wash that car after all.

John

No problem John, drop me a PM if/when you need me and we'll sort something out.

The car's clean now so my conscience is clear :)

On the subject of garages in the area, my car's PO was in Preston, and he always took it here:

Mitchell Bros.

Smithy Garage

Garstang

Tel: Garstang 602233

He reckoned they were very good, and of course, they know the Esprit.

Phil

More speed, less haste