Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Newbie - OFFICIAL! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Newbie - OFFICIAL!

bo90

Dear members,

Today I have finally achieved a childhood dream of becoming the proud owner of a Lotus Turbo Esprit HC Commemorative (11), GIUGIARO DESIGN! :)

2 years of searching (albeit a red one!) have come to an end, after a response from an owner to my "wanted" advert in Club Lotus.

During this search i want to thank the following forum members:

NICK (A9 LOT) for increasing my desire after giving me a lift in his super, white S3 during the factory open day having never even meeting him! CLIFF for his constant searching, Chris and Barrie for their support and finally ANDY CLEMENTS who on 2 occasions took time off work to view, inspect and advise me without accepting a penny in reimbursement. A SINCERE THANK YOU !!

The pictures below are of my new esprit taken by the seller a year ago. Although the car looks in pretty good shape having done 40k miles it has no m.o.t. and is due for a C service, there are also some original commemorative items missing which I intend to restore. I am probably looking to have my first drive in 2 months time when hopefully all the work is complete.

I now feel a fully fledged member not only of this forum but LEW also and intend to open up my garage, post and hoon ofcourse!! :)

post-1783-1195815251.jpg

post-1783-1195815325.jpg

post-1783-1195815399.jpg

post-1783-1195815465.jpg

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic stuff........well done looks great. :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Yeah...........that's a lovely looking example. Congrats.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

The previous owner (Antony) didn't like any issues with his car being identified, but to be fair it was in great condition, not concourse, but very good for occasional use. And to be fair it was his pride & joy, most of the known Esprit issues sorted, brake cables, suspension free, only slight oil leak on gearbox etc.

Bo just called, the car has sustained a small amount of damage, but he'll post more details later (don't panic, it sounds to be only minor).

Bo, well done for taking the plunge, once the car's had the little bit of work, i'm sure you've got a sound car that will bring years of peasure.

Andy

Congatulations, enjoy

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Nice motor Bo. Dave looks to have G car competition! Looks like NMEG get another member!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Cheers Guy's! Shame I have to wait a few months for a meet/hoon and no doubt it will be on a Sat/Sun, when I have to work! :respect:

Nice choice, Bo. Welcome to Esprit ownership. May it be long and happy. The owneship that is.

Trevor,

The choice was totally accidental! I've been searching for a red hc for 2 years without success but when suddenly I was offered a commemorative I just couldn't let it pass, even if it was Grey/Silver!

No. 11 flew through it's MOT yesterday and has had it's c service. Unfortunately it's lacking a bit of umph which might be down to the wrong distributor. Just a few more tweaks to go plus rear end repair and I should be hooning!