free hit
counters
NMEG December our 2nd anniversary charity hoon and lunch - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
esprit350

NMEG December our 2nd anniversary charity hoon and lunch

December comes round once again and brings the 2nd anniversary of the formation of NMEG (North & Midlands Esprit Group)

This year we are going to the dogs, well the Dogs Trust actually the national charity for our doggie chums, Renu and I got our dog Jack from Dogs Trust he had been there for 4 years, he had been adopted a few times but never lasted long with a new owner as he is a bit anti social, however we persevered and Jack has been with us for 5 years now

So out chosen venue is the Dogs Trust re-homing centre at Roden nr Shrewsbury the on for lunch at the lamb at Edgmond, an NMEG favourite venue.

Please bring for our doggie friends tinned dog food and doggie treats and chews.

Meet at Gingerbread Man market Dayton at 9.30 am for a 10 am departure

December 16 2007

If the weather is ok we will head off for a run into Wales and then on to Shrewsbury stop at the dogs trust and then on to the Lamb

A table is booked at the Lamb for 1 pm

Please start a list and will need numbers for food please

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Woof woof.....count me in.

1. Backmarker ( Pedigree pie please)

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Looking a bit like you and me then Howard :lol:

Yesterday NMEG El Presidente (that's Alex to the un-initiated) very kindly donated

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I'm up for that, it'll be my first NMEG meet and my first "club outing" with Lois.

It is just far enough away to warrant a hotel room for me and the frau. Is anyone else contemplating staying out, or will I have to discuss shoes and belts with the missus all night as opposed to carbon fibre and dump valves :devil:

Hi Dave, you will be very welcome , not sure if West Brom is that far away from our final venue which is just north of Telford, about 30 mins by Esprit , but whatever rocks your boat, if you want to talk belts and shoes what about cam belts and brake shoes........

Dodgy we need a list please...( Dodgy Dave NMEG and forum list god)

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

counted, and will order eye candy

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

1 'Backmarker' Graham in a yellow V8

2 'Esprit350' Howard in a blue S4

3 'Alex--GT3--' in a green GT3

4 'Oneshot' Dave and Anita in a Sport350

5 'dj2038' Dave P in a Red '89 Turbo

6 'Simon' Gleave in a orange GT3

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

1 'Backmarker' Graham in a yellow V8

2 'Esprit350' Howard in a blue S4

3 Sorry Alex cant make this one!

nice list , how come we all get a colour name except the sport 350, which is new aluminium by the way

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

And how come the name Dodgy Dave doesn't appear.

He'll be missing Jan/Feb/Mar so surely he's got to do December?

Graham.

Oops, I just realised I'd forgotton to sign up. I'll be there (where there's food there's Phil!). Any news on the eye candy Howard?

I think Dave's worried about the dogs. He hates them, but I'm sure he could be persuaded.

More speed, less haste

Phil,

If that's right about Dave then I'm sure we can guarantee that he won't come into direct contact with man's best friend.

Dave, if shove comes to push, just stay put in your Esprit.........we'll protect you mate.

Graham.

Last chance to put your names down before I confirm numbers with the lamb..

re eye candy, had a few problems lately so havent really had time to go and check it out

the doggies will be either in the runs or under control of a handler

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Dave,

This was in Howard's first post:

"Please bring for our doggie friends tinned dog food and doggie treats and chews."

Were you thinking of something more exotic ?

Howard

I may have a passenger but not sure yet. Could the Lamb make provision for 1 "maybe" perhaps please.

Thanks,

Graham.

numbers have been firmed up with the lamb, I may be able to squeeze more in with enough notice, so last call please

1 'Backmarker' Graham in a yellow V8 plus 1 maybe

2 'Esprit350' Howard in a blue S4 plus renu maybe

3 'Phil None shall pass--' in a green SE

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

C'mon guys, this is great fun and a worthy cause.

Have a look a last years pics to see what you're missing. http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=7264

The barmaids at the Lamb are worth the trip alone...........and the food ain't bad either

So, how about it :

Dodgy Dave?

Dave Barny?

V8 David?

Trevor/Greenman?

Nick Whiting/Nicksoldies?

Nick/Stagowner?

Ian Heighway?

Peter Philips/Oogieboogie? (working.........remember now)

Toby/Mangel?

And anyone else who enjoys good company, good food and all things Lotus Esprit

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

According to the Beeb, forecast for Sunday is cloudy...............no sign of rain or snow B)

Graham

metcheck has it as sunny all day....

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Lets use the metcheck one then B)

Graham.

I cannot make any plans at the moment, sorry, ok ok :devil:, i do not like dogs which is also a deciding factor, but i also am suffering from a flippin cold which i am desperately trying to throw due to the pending trip

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Sign in to follow this