free hit
counters
baffled by wipers - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes... the off position is one click down... the click up, as i recall, is the intermittent position.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I thought it was just mine that were bonkers!

For mine it goes like this:

From the off position, 1 click down for normal speed, 2 clicks for fast

From the normal position, click up (to switch off) and there's a 50/50 chance of switching to intermittent.

If it's on intermittent and I want to switch off, I have to click down then up.

To deliberately swtich to intermittent from the off position, I have to click down then up.

To swtich to intermittent from the normal position, I have to click up and wait to see whether it's in intermittent or off. If it's off, click down then up.

Sheer madness!

This is nothing like the SE owner's handbook. According to that, intermittent is switched on by pulling the lever toward you. This does nothing on mine.

I wondered if the PO had taken the switches off at some point and had wired it back up wrong.

More speed, less haste

Exactly the same for me: 2 downs, but pot luck whether you get slow or intermittent at position 1, and nothing when you do what the manual says. Non-Esprit owners don't get excitement like this!

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Ok i've worked mine out.

Intermitant = 1 click down then 1 click up, to turn off = 1 click down then 1 click up

Normal = 1 click down, to turn off just click back up

Fast = 2 clicks down, turn off = 2 clicks up

What a weird way of doing it.

Thanks for working that one out, Dave. I don't remember that in an Allegro!

And I never owned one - honest. :respect:

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

My Intermittant setting is activated by pulling the stalk towards you and keeping it held for half a sweep or so.

To turn them off you then need to do the same but keep the stalk held for two full sweeps or greater which will cancel the intermittant setting.

This allows the first click down to be normally on and two clicks down, on fast.

The wash wipe facility is active reguardless of mode by simply holding in the end button.

These settings work 100% of the time HONEST!!!

Clicking down and them up again does also work but not 100% (Last 5 years living in uk has prompted lots of wiper action lol)