free hit
counters
My God - what have I done? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

My God - what have I done?

I'm one of those people who don't have dreams. Well, everybody dreams, but some people just don't have any recollection of them. I vaguely remember some detail maybe twice a year.

But - something terrible has happened. Finally an Esprit owner, I've had two dreams - nay, nightmares - in the last three nights. In the first, my wheels had been nicked and the Esprit was up on bricks :respect: , and in the second I lost all my oil pressure on the motorway. :ninja::P

Is this normal? I'd try the Samaritans, but I don't think they'd be too sympathetic.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The night before I picked my new Esprit up from the dealership I had an Espritmare. I dreamt that when I went to pick the car up it turned into a BFT - Big F Tractor, with like 50" wheels. The dealer goes "Here she is Sir", and I'm like... WTF !

Scary stuff. Worse than those falling ones.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I'd say it was normal. Infact one of those has actually happened to me in the past.

I've still got a full set of wheels, so.......

Its normal, Esprits are addictive and rule your life, but I have been having more of late as my container arrives next week, stuff like a lime coloured S350 pops its head out and I am left to unload the container by myself in the dark and no person around and all these weired scenarios of what I am to find in there and turning the engine over etc......positive positive positive = happy dreams and happy days :respect:

350.gifNo.23

I'm one of those strnage people who does not remember dreaming (I probably dream).

In my whole life I guess I can remember dreaming less than half a dozen times, and couldn't recall more than one of those dreams.

It may be linked to my inability to visualise, for example there's a memory system where you are suppose dto think of the street where you live, think of the buildings, think of the windows, think of the things you need to remember being written on the windows of those buildings. Well, I would struggle to describe any of the buildings and that includes the one I live in.

I suppose dreaming about the Esprit must be a sign that it's a big thing for you, as it's something you decided to do, that rules out catastrophies, so it must be something you're really pleased with.

So.

Be glad that the Esprit is featuring in the dreams, after all, it could be a Trbant or something else instead.

Andy

Thanks. So, everyone thinks I'm normal except Andy, who wants to steal my car. It's happening again...

That wasn't a dreamm matey! :respect:

I know the feeling. I dreamt that someone wqs stealing my car, Friday night and Saturday when I got up the cover was off!!!! :ninja: i'm suspecting it was a mix of the breeze and the fact that I ran over the clasp that goes under the car and broke it!

But wierd hey?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yep. Normal. Abnormal is when you start dreaming about flip switching to outboard weapons and start blasting away all those idiots that do not pay attention driving and end up trying to hit you. So, in your dream you just start blasting away with that 30mm cannon and blasting rockets at other cars to clear a path for you new found desire to go faster.... and because it is a dream "where" this stuff would fit does not come into the picture and there is always an unlimited supply of bullits and rockets... and oooo! a real phazer or lazer or what ever - but it actually can disintigrate other cars with a soft warm glow before thay totally disappear... and...

...Ummm, not that I have these dreams. After all, that would not be normal.

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Cameron, I thought you were joking, until I looked at your profile. Alabama? You're probably dead serious! :lol:

Speaking from a historical point of view... that would be Florida. B)

I do admit to listening to the Best of Bond CD from time to time while driving... :lol:

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Hmm, when you take the timezone difference into account, I reckon that while Cameron is sleeping he's picking up my thoughts as I drive to work each day.

More speed, less haste

Had a wierd dream the other night, that I was eating a massive marsh mellow, when I woke up in the morning, half my pillow was gone. :lol:

I had a dream that I bought a yellow S1 . . . .

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

:shock:

You sure it was a dream?!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.