free hit
counters
Let the final countdown begin............ - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kyliesmith.com

Let the final countdown begin............

The silver missile is expected to arrive on next Tuesday 4th Dec, so thats only 6 days away!!!

I got the final tax invoice from our freight forwarder to pay today :shock: Nearly passed out!! So thats another hurdle done and dusted today.

Looking at the shipping schedule the ship arrives to Melbourne today, Sydney tom and last stop Brisbane before a 4 day journey across to Kiwi land :evil:

350.gifNo.23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Kylie,

Sounds like one hell of an early Christmas present. Lucky you.

Regards,

Peter.

The silver missile is expected to arrive on next Tuesday 4th Dec, so thats only 6 days away!!!

I got the final tax invoice from our freight forwarder to pay today :shock: Nearly passed out!! So thats another hurdle done and dusted today.

Looking at the shipping schedule the ship arrives to Melbourne today, Sydney tom and last stop Brisbane before a 4 day journey across to Kiwi land :evil:

Kylie, happy to check it out in Brizzy for you - you know, makes sure it's all good and ready for its last journey, might have to drive it a bit :shock: just to make sure.

Iain

ps. Congrats on your 250 posts and 'ESPRIT' :evil:

Edited by iainskea

Kylie,

Sounds like one hell of an early Christmas present. Lucky you.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter its an amzing Xmas gift that I will never forget in a hurry. I honestly am stoked to make this finally happen. We are also pouring dosh in the other halfs Ford 32 roadster Hotrod to get her going after xmas, so the stable will be well and truly rumbling :X

Kylie, happy to check it out in Brizzy for you - you know, makes sure it's all good and ready for its last journey, might have to drive it a bit :shock: just to make sure.

Iain

ps. Congrats on your 250 posts and 'ESPRIT' :evil:

:evil: If only I had the extra 100 would have been brilliant eh!!! Theres an idea, perhaps for its unveiling......I better get posting then :wub:

350.gifNo.23

Week to go Kylie - I'd be on the 'too excited to sleep' faze by now.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hey Kylie

Congrats on your eminant arrival :evil: Esprit ownership depro kinda sucks doesn't it?

Might do the import thing as well at some stage, since it doesn't look like your black '89's going to be available for a while...

If I crack the nod, maybe I'll see her sometime in the new year :shock: ?

Cheers - Mark

Edited by markt

You must be so excited Kylie, I'm excited for you!

Ask your other half to take a piccy of you when you first see it! Your face will be brilliant with the hugest grin ever!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Tick....tock....tick....tock...tick...tock..tick..tock..tick..tock.tick.tock...

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Hey Kylie

Congrats on your eminant arrival :shock: Esprit ownership depro kinda sucks doesn't it?

Might do the import thing as well at some stage, since it doesn't look like your black '89's going to be available for a while...

If I crack the nod, maybe I'll see her sometime in the new year :evil: ?

Cheers - Mark

Importing is the way to go if you want to get exactly what you want. While there are plenty of Esprits in NZ now, theres only ever 3-4 for sale at any one time which is slim pickings. Its common for people to to persude potential sellers at shows to sell their pride and joy, and of course if the $$$ is right why not!!!

My 89 was a great car but am pleased to say the new owner is an awesome fella and has the perfect set-up for an Esprit, it will be well pampered. The car will always will be missed.

You planning a trip out to NZ...??

You must be so excited Kylie, I'm excited for you!

Ask your other half to take a piccy of you when you first see it! Your face will be brilliant with the hugest grin ever!

Yip there will be a few mug shots of me and the silver missile for sure that I will share. I will have the biggest grin ever!

350.gifNo.23

so i will keep my fingers crossed!

if possible (as it is sometimes forbidden in harbors) take a video from that transaction, store it in *youtube* and we all with you... .

good luck!

i go "green with envy"

(my Christmas gifts for myself could only be bad grades from studies, -so you're definitive on the lucky side)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Great NEWS,

Enjoy every moment,they are special cars

Rich

Nr32

Congratulations, Kylie. Just in time for the summer, too.

Hope the tax man leaves you enough money for a tank of petrol.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Coooooooooooooooooool Kylie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) B) B) B) B)

Damn, looked like I missed my chance to errrrr.... borrow it..... while in Melbourne.

Thanks guys yeah just in time for summer and if I get it road compliant in time it will join me on the clubs annual show and shine event. And also theres NOT much left after the Tax man took most of it off me, but happy to say enough money to maintain and fix it up as it should be :devil: It will be well spoilt. Simon already talking about stripping and cleaning all the underneath over the next few months then giving everything a proper paint to bring up brand new again. I am whoooah hold on fella.......you need my permission to touch anything on that car :)

350.gifNo.23

You planning a trip out to NZ...??

Er you could say that... :devil: Not quite a trip, more like on a permanant basis. Moving to Howick in January. Like you, I'm watching the clock . . . .

Been looking at TradeMe on an almost daily basis, for a while now looking for another Esprit - Not keen on the two V8's that are still for sale though. Would really like a G-Car again...

Edited by markt

Arrh I see thought that might have been the case. Welcome to NZ :) Howick is a great spot. I used to have a house in the original part near the village. The beaches near by are just heaven. You are so going to love it here.

There was a beautiful blue G car for sale here not so long ago that was a near minter, but I see its not on his stock list anymore. Email Roger and see what the story is. http://www.lotuscars.net.nz/newsite/index.php?view=stocklist

The G cars come and go. I will keep my eyes open for you.

The Lotus scene here is a friendly one and do plenty of fun events am sure you will slot in well. :devil:

350.gifNo.23

Hi Mark, re my car, its delayed two days on arrival. So should be here Wednesday night or early hours of Thurs morning. I may get to see it hopefully before the weekend if all goes to plan.

With regards to keeping an eye out for a G car, nothing really on the market at the moment. Have you considered bringing yrs with you? A dam sight cheaper than buying here. You shouldnt have too many issues at all.

350.gifNo.23

Hi Kylie - Too bad about the delay - Here's hoping you will be able to get the car home soon :thumbup:

R.E. My Esprit - Without any fanfare, we have parted company (again) - I had an offer, and I accepted. A case of common sense over sentimental attachment. Very out of character for me... :thumbsup:

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made I suppose... I obviously am and always will be a huge fan of the Esprit, just parting company for a while.

Anyway, holding thumbs, and keep us updated.

Cheers - Mark