free hit
counters
WELCOME CANADIANS! - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

WELCOME CANADIANS!

Hello Canada!! I will now be the Canadian Liason for LEF... certainly for western canada anyhow. So... This forum is for the discussion and organization of Canadian meets. I've been in contact with most of the Western Canadian Lotus owners and will be organizing our western canada meets. I have contact with ZR Auto in Calgary and will be posting their events up here as well. I realize that they mostly cater to Lambo's and Ferrari's, but... who doesn't want to go on a hoon with those??

So far... the idea I've come up with is as follows:

1. Meet in Red Deer Friday evening and have dinner at restaurant to be determined... probably the Rusty Pellican (very nice seafood)

2. Arrive at 7cars on Saturday morning at 8:00am. Have a bit of a look at all our cars and have breakfast. Leave from there and head to Rocky Mountain House. From Rocky, we head to the Banff-Jasper Highway and turn south to Banff. Arrive at Banff Springs hotel and spend the night there.

3. Sunday morning... head to Race-city in Calgary and spend a few hours on the track there.

None of this has been actually set in stone... all of this is open to suggestions. However, the basic idea is to spend some road time and some track time and get to see how well our cars perform and just plain see each other and have fun!!

I will have to figure out how much this is all going to cost as well... my guess is somewhere around $2000... but... again... i haven't done the math.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's still winter weather here, at least in most of the country, but here is something from sunnier times a few months back:  

Posted Images

at last or our own little corner of the LEF world

i checked on prices for hotels and red deer hovers around $100 a night but banff springs is all over the place so we need to figure out a date before i can get a proper estimate

and the same goes for race city ill need a date before i can call them and get a rate

we also need to know exactly how many people will be able to attend... this will directly affect the rates we recieve..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I figure you can count me in Mark! Of course, I'm hoping you're thinking next summer, not during this winter we're having!! The more advance notice I have, the better I can make my plans. I do know that I will be busy for the August long weekend, however....

I'm pretty sure we'll be in touch...

If we can at least get every Esprit/lotus owner we know contacted... that would be a good start. At the moment, I'm quite busy with work, but I'll be in touch with the locals and I'm going to see if I can get in touch with Terry Johns... owner of 7cars... to get him onto the forum and help with the meet.

we will be sending you an NMEG member in january to show how its done,, looks like Dave is going to get his passport

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

If this could be planned for sometime in July I think I would make the trip out from Manitoba for the event. Nothing like a good road trip in the esprit :)

Well, stay tuned, and keep your calendar open! There's sure to be seats available for company....

This is sounding great - can't wait now for the summer!

All this talk about Canada and no-ones mentioned Vinyl Cafe or Hawkins Cheezies yet? :thumbsup:

Look after our Dave while he's over there please. We'll be wanting him back.

More speed, less haste

Vinyl Cafe or Hawkins Cheezies :thumbsup:

er explain please?

and yes we will want our Dave back

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Vinyl Cafe is a radio show by Stuart McLean. You can hear it on BBC7 over here. Lots of amusing stories and interesting Canadian music (NOT Celine Dion). Unfortunately, the last run has just ended, but as with everything on BBC7, it'll be back soon. Clicky

Hawkins Cheezies are cheesy snacks for grown-ups. Clicky They're known worldwide, but are only available in Canada (I think)

More speed, less haste

I wouldn't dream of suggesting otherwise. We Brits don't get to hear much from Canada, so Vinyl Cafe is a great way to hear what's going on there. It's also a great advert for your country, in the same way that Garrison Keillor is for the aspect of the US that never normally gets seen overseas. The Cheezies are just a personal obsession of mine - probably exaggerated because we can't get them here.

It should go without saying that Canada is blessed with great scenery, proper wilderness areas, and of course, friendly people, and now a fledgling LEF chapter. The government seems reasonably sane too compared to what we've had in the UK in my lifetime. I've some relatives in Nova Scotia and I've often thought about emigrating myself.

For the opposite point of view, I was reading a forum for Canadian expats in the UK that did a survey. One of the questions was "What British thing do you enjoy doing the most?". The top answer was "going to the pub", but coming in not far behind was "saying 'bloody' a lot". It made me laugh, but it hardly presented a well rounded view of British life!

Phil

More speed, less haste

Well - we are a long, long way from Nova Scotia, but if you ever make it out this way, we'd be happy to show the local countryside, culture and cuisine! Since we're land-locked in the middle of the prairies, that means I hope you like beef and chicken. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments, and now I'll have to go find myself some cheezies. Of course, I think they go best with a beverage, some cold cuts, and a sporting event.

thanks for the info, the snacks thinks must have cheese in them and I dont do cheese, and radio 7? I listen to the BBC home service I'll have you know young man...

I am sure Canada has lots more to offer, top freestyle skiing team for one....

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Well.. I've been sufficiently busy lately that last night was my first time on the forum in 3 or 4 days... Christmas season means that I've got to sell as many cars in 15 days as i normally do in 30 days... and... not many want to buy cars at this time of the year... so i've been working my ass off lately and haven't had time to do anything on the forum... i'll get back at her around x-mas day.

Just wondering where Canadians get their Esprits from as I am just starting the looking process. I assume mostly imported from the States .. so any 'heads up' things or gotchas that I should know about.

Thanks

You can always keep an eye on Ebay Motors Canada, but there is also a Lotus dealer in Vancouver, and Eastern Canada. I bought my S4 through ZR Auto ( www.zrauto.ca ), but you can also check kulu motorcar (www.kulumotorcar.com). I bought my V8 from the States, but found it on this forum, by being a Club Esprit member. If you import it from the States, you will need to use TFX International for the importation. I would suggest sending an e-mail or Pm to Mark T-C for more helpful information.

Edited by aerobat

well hello lads n lasses, it looks like i will staying be in http://www.medhatlodge.com/.

anyone near :D

what voltage do you run on? have i got to get an adapter for the laptop, i just blew my nokia up so i will have to bring the laptop

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Well, that's nice to hear. I'm in the same neighbourhood as the Lodge, although in this city - every place is close to every other place!

Our voltage is 110v.

What dates will you be here?