free hit
counters
western canada meet - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

western canada meet

okay people for all those from western canada (and eastern canada if you feel like driving for a week to get here) that are interested in a meet let us know by saying so

we need an idea of how many people could make it to this thing

and if you have ideas let em be know as well

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well. the Canadian section has been rather slow lately. So I thought I would add something to keep it rolling. Basically, at the moment, My Lotus is in a sad state of dis-repair. I would like to still arrange a summer meet of some sort, I'm just a little lost as to when we should do it... and I haven't heard from the guy in Red-Deer at all. So, I'll get back on this tomorrow.. anybody with any suggested dates.... that would be good

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Well... I think the plan is to start in red deer anyway. Then go for a tour down to banff or something like that. If yours is going to be on the road in May... you're way ahead of me.

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

There's Jeff C. in Calgary, who Mark knows. But I don't think he's on this forum.

Hows the weather down south john? As for Jeff, he's not on the forum, and he's considering making the car an electric car.. so i doubt the car will be on the road any time soon.

Well, it's beautiful for January in Canada, and cool for January in Arizona. But who's complaining, when I can't tell which way is up, anyway? :ermm:

Here's my new baby, with it's new Canadian registration. It's for after I drive the Lotus to the airport.

post-522-1201153158.jpg

WAY TOO COOL JOHN!!!! Just 90 sleeps or so untill you can have it at the airport here!

Nice toy :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks, Bibs! Yes, it's not practical - it's only a toy. But what a toy! Same top end as my V8, but I'm not afraid to loop, roll, spin or invert this one! Wouldn't dream of that in a Lotus....

post-522-1201320451.jpg

Edited by aerobat

Great picture John! You look very happy indeed!

I want to come to Canada and play now! I like upside down (erm, also not in my Esprit!)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Gee, I don't know Bibs.... If that has anything to do with buying Turbo's and Lotus watches (referred to in the Steven's technical thread), then I'm too pure and innocent to supposed to know what that's about! :P

But if you ever do make it out to the colonies (to try to talk Dodgy into coming home?), then I'd be happy to introduce you to my toys.

:cry:

Greetings from Vancouver Island...

On the Island here in Victoria, we have a group of owners that sort of stay in contact, we have an S2-V8, 2-S3T, an 88 Turbo and an 89 Turbo with a Northstar V8 conversion. In Vancouver we are in regular contact with a fellow that has an 84 Turbo.. there are others on the mainland but we don't have their contact info.

We have a road trip scheduled for June 14-15 to Gold River, open to all sports cars of interest. I have the event schedule for anyone interested.

Jan

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

Hi guys,

I am located in Calgary and would welcome a get together. I have an '83 Turbo Esprit and I am in contact with 2 other Esprit owners in Calgary (an '83 and '87) that would also be interested. Any summer dates are open for me at the moment.

There is also a European car show in Calgary around Sept. and we were talking about building up a Lotus section this year. Last year there was 3 Esprits in the show (1 S1 and 2 S3's).

Rory.

Sounds great, Rory! Let's keep in touch through this forum. Mark and Garry will likely be the contact people.

its good to hear from you rory, like john said if you want to any info on an event just contact me or mark.

i'm on here every day reading up on projects and stuff so i should be able to get back to you fairly soon. we currently have an event planned for this summer but we are still waiting for enough people to show interest so nothing is in stone. if you can get us the exact date of that european car event that would be awesome

Bellingham, Washington

I live about 70km from Vancouver.

87' HCI

motorswap to 94 Nissan GTiR Sunny w/factory ITB's in progress.

FOR SALE Complete original motor w/new exhaust manifold. Starter, Alternator, vaccuum pump, new clutch.

Motor runs, has 90k miles on it. Make Offer, I am very reasonable, the right person will get a hell of a deal.

I'm looking for a bad/dead clutch release bearing to cut and weld on, when finish with my swap you get a low mileage bearing in good shape in exchange

John

Edited by johnlotusboy
Bellingham, Washington

87' HCI

FOR SALE Complete original motor w/new exhaust manifold. Starter, Alternator, vaccuum pump, new clutch.

Motor runs, has 90k miles on it. Make Offer, I am very reasonable, the right person will get a hell of a deal.

I'm looking for a bad/dead clutch release bearing to cut and weld on, when finish with my swap you get a low mileage bearing in good shape in exchange

John

I think I can help you with the release bearing... how long is your swap expected to take?

• 2 weeks later...
Bellingham, Washington

87' HCI

John

Hi John.. got any pix of the swap? What sort of numbers are you looking for in the spare HCI motor? Jan

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

There is an esprit S2.2 in town and another g body in black who belongs to Lotus Ltd (as do I). I also passed a red stevens turbo last spring and have heard rumours of a V8 in St. Albert - Bringing the Edmonton total to 5 , two of which would probably attend (including myself)

• 1 month later...

Finally!!!! I have gotten in touch with the local 7 club president and there will be a hill climb in Kelowna this summer on Saturday May 18th.

Here's a link to the actual newsletter. All Esprit owners are fully welcome to attend and the hill climb time to beat is 1:54. However, it is mainly a friendly event, not a competetition. With 256hp Hyabusa powered Lotus 7's... I think we might have a challenge!

http://www.7cars.ca/PDFS/Mar%202008.pdf

I may as well mention three upcoming events in the Vancouver area. These are all static shows, but they provide some opportunity to other cars and owners

First, there is a British car show in Fort Langley on April 20th. This is a realtively small show, with attendance capped at 60 cars due to space limitations. I had my Esprit there last year but will be entering the Europa this year. The link for info on this is www3.telus.net/lambmc.

Second, there is the larger All British Field Meet at VanDusen gardens on the Saturday of the May long weekend. I think its the 18th but don't have a calendar handy. I'll probably take the Esprit in this year.

Third, is the Langley Cruise-In in September. This is a massive show with 1200 -1500 cars, although it is >95% street rods and muscle cars. Not really a typical Esprit crowd, but I figure that since I grew up in Langley and the Esprit does have a V8 in the back, it should fit right in.

Mike.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.