free hit
counters
western canada meet - Page 3 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

western canada meet

garry_ludwar@hotmail.com

Okay... so, here's a basic breakdown of what I think will be the plan for the moment:

--Depart Medicine Hat @7:00am

--Meet at COP @9:30am

--Depart COP @10:00am

--Arrive Banff @11:15am

--(need to decide on place to eat) @12:00pm

--Depart (place to eat) and drive up Highway 1A all the way to Lake Louise for photo op... gonna have to look into parking there. (arrival time to be about 1:30pm

--Depart Lake Louise and head back to banff @2:30pm

--Arrive in Banff @3:15pm

--Now I need to figure out where to go from here... we could head to the hot-springs... that would be nice.

Any ideas on changes?

Here's a basic idea of the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...mp;z=9&pw=2

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no problem Eddie :) just a misinterpritation of the post on my behalf, so few Esprits in Canada meens others models would be most welcome :) maybe some of them could be converted :):lol:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Awesome!!! Great to hear Paul... We might even get some of the Lotus Seven club to join... that's up for vote though... what do you guys think? would you like some Sevens on the trip?

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I highly doubt there will be any "real" sevens. But, I sure would like to see that Hyabusa powered (270hp) 0-100km/h in 2.96 seconds -- Caterham.. I'm sure there aren't that many around.. so it will probably be only a few... why don't I ask Terry how many sevens there are and then we can determine what to do from there?

They may not all have Lotus on the '7' cars, but they still carry the spirit and concept of the original designers and Colin Chapmans vision :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My Esprit is currently in the shop (head rebuild) but if I get it back in time I would be in for the meet. Count me in as a definite maybe! ;-)

Rory.

Edited by rgibson

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys I'm just a Newbie so be gentle ...I'm picking up my car in Cally on Monday may 26th....I'm in for the meet on June 22 plus i'll talk to 2 new buddy's i met in the last 3 days in calgary that have 2001 and 2002 Esprits thanks steve 403-371-7227 biggrin.gif

Awesome Steve!!!! Glad to see another member joining us!!! We should start taking a tally of the people coming...

On a side note... is the owner of the 2001, Richard Nakhle?

Since we are tallying... here's who I have as definites:

Myself and co-driver

Aerobat (John) and Dodgy (Dave)

83espritturbo#37 (Eddie) and ??

Lotus777 (Steve) and ??

And then there's the not so definites

Speedster9110 (Scott) and ???

Bratboy (Can't recall his name... that's his MSN name) with his Elan and ???

Jeff Cools and ???

Richard Nakhle and ???

Jrome (Jrome) and ???

I'm hoping to have the Esprit on the road by mid June....so if everything works out, I'll be there. I 'll keep you guys posted. As of now all parts are in, just waiting in veneer to repair the dash. Then the interior goes back together,Install a new cambelt.. and???

Edited by Speedster9110

Hi Guys I'm just a Newbie so be gentle ...I'm picking up my car in Cally on Monday may 26th....I'm in for the meet on June 22 plus i'll talk to 2 new buddy's i met in the last 3 days in calgary that have 2001 and 2002 Esprits thanks steve :(

Good deal more Esprits around Calgary, we should have a mini-meet before the June trip.

Mark count me in for the June trip as well. Side note I just got finished instructing at the "Ariel Atom Experience" here in Calgary. Wild little car, but a tricky machine to motor around the track fast. They are in town all week, if anyone wants to come down and check them out in person. Race City's the location. I'm there again on Thursday.

Paul

ARIEL ATOM???!!!! HOLY COW!!!!! I would love to go... but I have to work all week... I will call John... he would be very interested in going..

Yes, I would be interested, and I would love to participate. Unfortunately, the timing is bad for me, as I'm just coming back into the country.

I'm hoping they come back next year.....

Thanks for thinking of me, Mark.

Hi Guys I'm just a Newbie so be gentle ...I'm picking up my car in Cally on Monday may 26th....I'm in for the meet on June 22 plus i'll talk to 2 new buddy's i met in the last 3 days in calgary that have 2001 and 2002 Esprits thanks steve 403-371-7227 :)

Hey Steve,

I got your phone call, I'll try to call you back tomorrow.

Funny I saw your car west of 14st SW parked on 10th Ave as I was driving home, just caught a glimps, looks great I really like that orange.

Paul

ARIEL ATOM???!!!! HOLY COW!!!!! I would love to go... but I have to work all week... I will call John... he would be very interested in going..

Mark,

Yes the Atom was a riot, kind of hard to describe but Mr. Clarkson got it right, I instructed all day and then at the end took each student for a 'hot lap', not even a complete lap just out and in. My first actual experience driving in the car was in this situation, with high expectations from the students to be shown what the car could really do. Needless to say it was a bit hairy, but they left with a smile and in one piece...

Looking forward to the meet, I have a track day Thursday evening June 19th at race city where I'll have the Esprit out for some laps, should be fun. PM if anyone is interested in coming out.

Paul

Edited by 97-Esprit V8

I still need a total number of people coming..

Richard Nakhle, who is the mechanic for Ferrari of Alberta... will be joining us for sure now...

So... At the moment we have:

John and Dodgy (John may end up cancelling)

Myself and Co-Driver

Steve Doporto and co-driver (we hope..)

Richard Nakhle and co-driver

Paul and co-driver

Steve Casey? and co-driver

Eddie and co-driver

And possibly:

Jeff Cools

Jrome

any others?

That's 7 cars so far

He may have to deliver a baby on that day... his nurse wants him to deliver her baby and that's 1 week before the due date.

Actually, there are two hospital nurses that are putting the guilt-pressure on me to be there for them. Unless they both deliver before their due dates, I'm looking screwed.....

But if you can drive a LHD Dave, do you want to "borrow" the V8 ?

Oh-oh..... what did I get myself into...... :)