free hit
counters
western canada meet - Page 4 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

western canada meet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well.. at the moment... co-pilots for me are still up in the air.. If John can't come and the S4 doesn't sell... then Andi (my fiance) will be joining us in on e of the Esprits. If not, then it may be Gary in one of the Esprits. If that happens though, then Andi will probably go ahead with our radar detector and cell phone on speed dial to warn us of any speed traps etc.. So, regardless... Andi will be on tour... we're just not sure what she'll be in.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

It is very sad that you more than likely will not be able to come John :(

As for borrowing your car :rofl:,

I must graciously Accept Thank you :blush:

:lol:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

whats up paul? :rofl:

edit

er, ok, have now put a post on the 'G' car tech forum :blush:

Edited by Dodgy

now some people are saying this should be a lotus only drive but the thing is not everyone can afford a lotus right now or if they have one it might not be running right now. i don't think this should mean they cant go on the trip. true the focus of this trip is the lotus badge but it shouldn't only be for lotus owners it should be for lotus lovers.so i think that if your truly into the lotus but cant drive it they why shouldn't you be able to drive your regular car (just at the back of the line that's all). now i now there are a few people on this forum who will disagree with me on this fact and may even get rather angry that i am pushing the idea of ruining there special moment because they own an esprit. now i will leave this thought at that and let the rest of the group vote on it as to whether or not this will be

i just don't think you should have to own something to enjoy it, after all how many here can afford a rembrandt

We have another possible car... I can't remember if he has an S1 or an S2... but Richard Ellenthorpe may be joining us if he can get out of his current plans with his wife (which he sounded like he wanted to)

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

now some people are saying this should be a lotus only drive but the thing is not everyone can afford a lotus right now or if they have one it might not be running right now. i don't think this should mean they cant go on the trip. true the focus of this trip is the lotus badge but it shouldn't only be for lotus owners it should be for lotus lovers.so i think that if your truly into the lotus but cant drive it they why shouldn't you be able to drive your regular car (just at the back of the line that's all). now i now there are a few people on this forum who will disagree with me on this fact and may even get rather angry that i am pushing the idea of ruining there special moment because they own an esprit. now i will leave this thought at that and let the rest of the group vote on it as to whether or not this will be

i just don't think you should have to own something to enjoy it, after all how many here can afford a rembrandt

+1 :2guns:

That's how we run all our events.

We will be eating at St. James Gate at 11:15am... Andrew is going to see if he can arrange "no-parking" signs for us to line up our cars in front of the establishment. Here's the address:

207 Wolf Street

Banff, Alberta, Canada

Hi, anyone will meet at COP, Calgary then drive up to Banff together???

What time and Where( Those gas station or coffee shop on No.1 across COP)???

Thank you

Eddie

Eddie.. I don't know COP at all.. tell me where we should meet exactly... I've just said to everybody via e-mail etc... to meet at COP...

Here's a copy of what was posted 4 pages ago... with the final edit's in.

--Depart Medicine Hat @7:00am

--Meet at COP @9:30am

--Depart COP @10:00am

--Arrive Banff @11:15am

--Eat at St James Gate Irish pub untill about 12:00pm-12:30pm

--Depart St James Gate and drive up Highway 1A all the way to Lake Louise for photo op at the hotel if we can get into the circle... if anybody has a better photo destination, we will be discussing some of this in the 1/2 hour before we leave (arrival time to be about 1:30pm)

--Depart Lake Louise and head back to banff @2:30pm

--Arrive in Banff @3:15pm

--Now I need to figure out where to go from here... We will play this part by ear... and possibly end up at the hot springs... weather dependant.

As for the final destination... I think we will be going to the hot springs... so bring swimwear!

Here's a copy of what was posted 4 pages ago... with the final edit's in.

--Depart Medicine Hat @7:00am

--Meet at COP @9:30am

--Depart COP @10:00am

--Arrive Banff @11:15am

--Eat at St James Gate Irish pub untill about 12:00pm-12:30pm

--Depart St James Gate and drive up Highway 1A all the way to Lake Louise for photo op at the hotel if we can get into the circle... if anybody has a better photo destination, we will be discussing some of this in the 1/2 hour before we leave (arrival time to be about 1:30pm)

--Depart Lake Louise and head back to banff @2:30pm

--Arrive in Banff @3:15pm

--Now I need to figure out where to go from here... We will play this part by ear... and possibly end up at the hot springs... weather dependant.

As for the final destination... I think we will be going to the hot springs... so bring swimwear!

Okay... the second part of the plan is that I will be bringing extra coolant, oil, air tank, torque wrench, extra tools and anything else I can think of.

Dodgy and Gary

Myself and Andi

Steve Doporto and co-driver

Richard Nakhle and co-driver

Paul and co-driver

Steve Casey and co-driver

Eddie and co-driver

Richard "The English Guy" Ellenthorpe won't be coming... oh well..

"Bratboy" (I can't recall his name ATM) in his Elan m100 (strong possibility)

Stu Gilmour in his BMW (almost certainly)

And I know you Calgary boys have a couple of other friends that Might come.

Anybody that might be late -- please call me ahead of time to let me know (403) 581 6875

WOOOHOOO!!!! Andrew has managed to arrange for a parking permit for our cars outside of his restaurant on Sunday morning!!!! He will have the staff park outside the restaurant on Saturday night to hold the parking spaces for us! I will be contacting him en-route so that he knows of our arrival time and progress.

Edited by Mark T-C

Hi Mark,

COP is Canada Olympic Park in Calgary. Cop is on #1 highway or you can call 16 AVE. If you go to Banff from Calgary, you will use #1 highway. Do you remember before you get on the #1 from 16Ave, you see that skijump on your left. There is COP.

We can meet at the coffee shop across COP (the other side of 16 AVE. COP on your left and coffee shop on your right if you go west on 16Ave to Banff.) You will see Petro Canada gas station and a McDonald. There is only one coffee shop and a car wash beside. You will not miss.

9:30am??? OK

Thank you and looking forward to see every one.

Eddie

P.S. my # is 403-605-6065 you can call me if you can't find COP on Sunday morning. I will be there around 9am and having my coffee.

Edited by 83Turbo Esprit #37

Okay then... everybody meet at the coffe shop across from COP between 9:00am and 9:30am

I'm still considering the idea of a fall run too!

Well... It's very late and I'm extremely tired.. but I just wanted to come on and say thank-you all so much for coming and I can't wait to do it again... and with any luck John will be able to come with his cars next time!

that is a great shot :respect:

What a great day out :flower:

NOSAINT what happened to you Tie ????

Yes, I am sorry that I was not able to join you all....

Congratulations to all for making this initial run a success, and for the inspiration to do it again.

Hopefully I will be on the next trip!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.