free hit
counters
western canada meet - Page 5 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

western canada meet

I parked way off thinking that you guys were trying to get parking together...

Hung out at the St. James and when nobody showed I figured you went up to the Banff Springs instead???

How hard could it be to find 10 Lotus's in Banff!!!

Anyways, thanks much for the info and the chance to see some Lotus's up close.

Maybe next time I'll be able to get near the front!!

Looking for a 94 95 S4

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So sorry Tie! I've pm'd you with what actually occured and why you got missed... I can't apologize enough for what happened... .Next time I hope things will be a little smoother!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

speedster9110 posted this trip on lotustalk.com.

That's where I found out about it. The only other comment on there from an elise owner was:

"Wish I knew about this sooner I might have made arrangements to get up there car or no car... It's my birthday..."

From ZakSkiGuy (Jeffrey Kozak).

http://www.newsday.com/news/printedition/l...0,6298549.story

With the Elise community thread on this

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/wrecked...one-here-58202/

That's a terrible story! It's tragic to see such a terrible event occur.

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Always sad to hear news such as that.

Congrantulations Mark!!!.... Looks like I missed quite the event. I was going to run a TSD rally here in another car, but my daughter had heat stroke so the day was a wash anyways. Hopefully we can meet at the fall run.

Edited by Speedster9110

Read the comments on the Elise forum and seeing the photos of Jeff and his car has brought tears to my eyes.

I was about to post some more photos of our trip, but maybe later when i am feeling happier.

very sad.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Sad note... however, here are some happier pictures:

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc144/m...mview=slideshow

Some great pics there Dave.

Notice that unusually for you, all the ladies have still there clothes on.

I'm sure the Mounties will seeing you back there again soon.

Welcome home (Thursday) and see you Sunday.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully soon, Steve Casey will be posting some pics too :blush:

Canada eh! looks likethere will be a Canada trip part 2 - and could be twice as big, and twice as long too :thumbup:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Hey Dave - that would be FANTASTIC !! Do keep us informed, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out here.....

And do you think you could get Kimbers to check out the colonies?

:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Fabulous pics guys, thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a great trip!

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

well its getting done to crunch time and ive been trying to think about what we should do for our next trip

if we plan on doing another trip this fall we have two choices the first is a trip out to banff again just a bit better sceduled and different roads to drive for new scenery. or we just stay in calgary and do a track day (does anybody know when race city closes). if you have other ideas for this event please let me know ASAP soon i can look into it and get reservations.

as most of you know it was also discussed over lunch at the banff springs to make a longer trip next summer to kelowna bc, this trip (in order to be enjoyed) would have to be a couple days as it takes abit to get there and there are plenty of sites to see. im hoping we can convince the local lotus drivers to be our tour guides on this one as it been a few years since i've lived there and will most likely find myself drooling at the mountains and lakes after being deprived of them for so long. hmm oh sry mind wondered to a happier place :baby: .

the reason i chose kelowna is because it is the most central decent place between LEF CANADA ALBERTA CHAPTER and the WEST COAST LOTUS OWNERS so hopefully we can get a even bigger crowd this time if they want to get together and meet us there

so if anybody in vancouver/victoria wants to set up somthing on there end and coordinate with us that would be great. the same goes for kelowna i'll need a volunteer on the ground find locations for us and maybe give us some events that are scheduled then so we car try to enjoy them or avoid them which ever the case may be

so thats whats planned input is appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I am coming into the fray a little late in the year, but maybe for next year. I am all for a Banff get together and will see if I can help arranging special rates at various hotels I know there. I am a newbie on this LEF Canadian forum, but would love to see a western Canadian meet. I'd bring my 88 Esprit for sure! :P

well allow me to be among the first to welcome you and to thank you for your offer except i doubt we would stay in banff unless i was part of a longer trip since most of us live fairly close anyway, if you have any ideas for these trips tho dont hesitate to add them youd be the first

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.