Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I was going to get my S4 on the road but.... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I was going to get my S4 on the road but....

Kimbers

What the hell is going on? I know I hit 40 this year but i seem to be falling apart!

Is this old age (all you older owners) or is it me paying for a life of fun and frolics?

Also anyone want to come and help me get my car running, I can't bend over (so sorry Bibs) to even jump start it, yet alone get in it!!! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry I can't help you Kimbers, but I would If I could. You're not that old. You probably just threw your back out or are having some spasms (not that i am a doctor by any stretch of the imagination). Hopefully, it will relax soon.

I'm 52 years and manage to get my arse in and out of the Esprit, but it is getting a bit more difficult if it's not done just right. Aging does seem to be taking it's toll on my flexibility, and I really need to focus on some yoga or other form of exercise on a regular basis to stay in shape. I plan to be around for many more years. So many roads . . . . so little time . . . .

I hope you get some local response. Take care of your back and get that S4 back on the road. B)

Ed

I heard on the radio the other day "If you ache when you are 30 then you are old, if you don't when your 60 then you are young"

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I'm a 53-year old, totally unfit, three stone overweight, womanising chain smoker.

The trick to using Lottie as a daily driver (which in my case is most days) is to throw myself in and roll out. Inelegant maybe, and it scuffs the leather on the driver's seat side, but she'd MUCH rather be used than sit on my driveway.

For 'general' old-age aches, try a daily glucosamine sulphate pill. I have little faith in over-the-counter remedies, but this one REALLY worked for me when I started getting aching shoulders. Or for a bad back, go to bed and stay there for a couple of days - otherwise the muscles go into spasm trying to prevent further injury, and end up causing MORE pain than the original complaint.

Like I tell the wimmin - trust me, I'm NOT a doctor...

Edited by islandbloke

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

• Gold FFM

Back Problems! - I remember a certain 40th Birthday I attended. :) or shall I say nearly attended.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Guest Troy Halliday

Now see it's not that your all to old as such ..............well you are bit but that is not the problem. The problem is that you are all toooooo tall. How many correct size people, just like me for example, do you know with bad backs. Your all just built wrong thats all. Look God knows he made a mistake here before, come on look at the dinosaurs, he just didn't realise how much of a mistake he made. Oh well come the next shift in evolution he'll get it right, as he did with me B)

I can see your wavering but think of it this way when you were my height (no comments like yes but I was 4 years old) did you have back problems ................................the answer NO! .................. I rest my case.

What the hell is going on? I know I hit 40 this year but i seem to be falling apart!

Is this old age (all you older owners) or is it me paying for a life of fun and frolics?

Also anyone want to come and help me get my car running, I can't bend over (so sorry Bibs) to even jump start it, yet alone get in it!!! :(

Cheeky bugger. Older owners in deed. In the corner for you young unfit man :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I know what you mean R63, but he does have a point :)

when you were my height did you have back problems .................the answer NO!

Mind you, I've heard bad backs are also genetic...although I suppose that could be down to the height thing still......

*thinks some about that*

nah. can't be!!

Kimbers, if its muscular go and get a sports massage (deep tissue massage), two visits over two weeks and you will be sorted. Its worth every penny. Forget physio or the Doctor, go to someone who knows what they are looking for and try and get an hour and a half session. I always feel and hour is not enough sometimes. On the other hand if its slipped disk or skeletal (you would know if this happend - ouch!!) seek medical advice.

My back goes out, gets sore on a regular basis due to cycling and spending long periods at my desk job.

Once a month I try and get a massage to get all the knots out and its the best medicine yet I swear!!!!

350.gifNo.23

I put my back out last week.

Quite scary for about an hour as I couldnt walk,it was so painful.Apparently after 3 hours in A&E its muscle spasm .

All I was trying to do was lift a manhole cover. Anyway I've had a week on Co codamol,Diazapan,and now something else. The net result is that I can't feel anything anywhere and I havent been to the toilet for a week. Plus I think I can fly!!!!

I think this is what is called a cure in the NHS. When I asked for a scan (as I have had back injury before and this f**n hurt )My GP said if you lose all feeling in your legs come straight back......

Needless to say as it hasent got much better I will be straight back at A&E on Sunday and just collapse in the reception.

Mind you I have tried an experiment and after 5 valium you can still get into an Esprit.(My wife had the keys of course!!)

I'm off to the physio next week asd they are far better than doctors at diagnosing back problems as Kylie said.

R

My old trick to get my spine moving agian was to hang from warehouse racking, one place didn't have any that was suitable steup, so I used to get the 3" square section steel prop used to lock the goods lift off , put it across 2 sets of racking and swing from that.

The weight of the lower body being swung like a pendulum used to stretch the discs enough so that the stress on the nerves subsided, so the body thought the bone damage whch neeed to be protected had gone away, thus the muscles relaxed,and the virtous circle perpetuated itself.

One bad time I was changing form one set of meds to another, but forgot to allow enough time between them. Now that was good.

Kimbers, DO NOT REST YOUR BACK.

Keep moving it with small, non-streeous exercise.

Andy

Bad luck, Kimbers.

Back problems can be so painful and can seem to come on for no reason. Agree with the hanging from something comment. There used to be a bloke at Gaydon who had a sling so he could hang from the ceiling to stretch his back. He was only short so his problems weren't related to an excess of height. At least, he said it was to help his back and not some fetish activity.

Anyway, get some rest. You can still drink and play online poker when in bed.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Kimbers, if its muscular go and get a sports massage (deep tissue massage),

Once a month I try and get a massage to get all the knots out and its the best medicine yet I swear!!!!

trouble is over here a massage parlour has a different meaning....

one of my electrical clients from a few years back adults only clicky

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Thanks guys.

I've been to see the doc and he gave me Co Proximol and an anti inflamitory thingy but the Co Proximol first made me high and then made me vomit. Stomach still hasn't settled down and now I have pain in the back and the front! DOH!

So this was rapidly replaced with a Co-Codamol with an apologetic "Yes they do do that sometimes" and instructions to keep moving around....which I have duly done.

Now I can actually walk properly I may try and get the old girl moving this afternoon......if I can get away from work.

This getting old isn't any fun at all!! <_<

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I know the feeling Kimbers, I hit the big 4-0 earlier this year too, bummer. On the bright side my back is still OK, unlike my brother's [and he is 4 years younger than me]. When I got my Esprit at the ripe young age of 34 people kept commenting on my "middle age crisis"...........what, are you kidding, it took till I was 34 before I could afford the insurance.......

Cheap [or is it cheaper] insurance is one of the few benefits of getting older. Careful exercise and caution in the bedroom should ensure a reduction in back related problems.....

Stuart

Hi Howard

Wonder if you put in for a tip on the invoice...................

(Sorry couldn't resist after seeing your tipping thread!)

no tipping but I was offered payment in kind....

the girls take tips for extras apparently and they can make a few hundred a day in tips on a good day

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy