free hit
counters
Manifold sheild anyone got one fitted? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Manifold sheild anyone got one fitted?

Has anyone fitted one? I have had the rear wheels off today to sort the handbrake and have been looking at where I could place a sheild to help prevent the manifold being sprayed in the wet. And hopefully stop it cracking. My only concern is that if I make a sheld could I cause more problems due to heat and lack of air flow?

Any ideas?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I have fitted a shield around the chassis by the Exh Manifold, as a splash gaurd. I will be covering this shortly on my thread 'S3 turbo HC conversion'.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Paul Matty was talking about this some time ago and mentioned fabricating some shields. It's a design problem with the Esprit that should have been sorted out. The manifold is very close to the back wheel and a hot manifold and cold rain water don't go! My solution is not to drive it in the rain but thats not always possible.

• 2 years later...

Hi Mark,

I just bought 88 X180 Esprit turbo. PO suggested adding a splash shield which was missing when he bought it. I found thread you started in Jan 2008. Could you send me some pictures of your shields, please.

Please PM me for the email address.

Thanx

Respray23.jpg

Is this the one we're talking about ? With that and the undertray I can't see much of a problem.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)