free hit
counters
Turbo Testing - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Turbo Testing

This topic was started in the Stevens forum, but thought maybe it should be here as well.

Now that I have found improvements in the intake system.. lets consider what could be accomplished with a turbo swap.

For anyone who is interested, here is the data from my 85 S3T on 45DHLA (short stacks) using stock T3-40. As you can see, great bottom and mid torque, but the T3-40 runs out of steam by 6000rpm. If you look at a compressor map for the T3-40 you will see why, because at MAF>18 the CE goes waaaay down. Advantage with this setup is I have almost instant throttle repsonse.. but the engine goes flat over 5500rpm. Notice how much heat is generated in the MAT (Inlet Manifold Air Temp) column.. thats why we need charge cooling because anything over 160-170 is bad news.

T3-40.jpg

Here are some estimates on the results of using a T3-super60 in place of the T3-40.

T3-super60.jpg

It seems logical that a T3-S60 with a stg 3 turbine would give shit loads more top end range but I expect lag would increase a little as well.

Food for thought..

Jan

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic