Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Xmas Trees - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Xmas Trees

mayevora

• Gold FFM

Going out shortly (with axe in hand) well actually wallet at the open - wifes already heard me say Bah Humbug three times this morning at tree prices.

The smell of the real tree or the ease of the artificial?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going out shortly (with axe in hand) well actually wallet at the open - wifes already heard me say Bah Humbug three times this morning at tree prices.

i will be going for a small (4 ft) fake tree, on a table, with no decorations on the lower branches....

we have a 7 month old mad cat, who loves to knock everything off the sofa so offering her a 6ft fake decorated tree would seem rather silly...lol

purza

Edited by V8 Owners Fem Slave

Fake. Will get ours out of the loft in the garage later, then spray the

thing with some pine air freshener and hey presto, best of both worlds!

:(

Christmas is pricey enough without buying expensive dead trees that

you are planning to throw away before you even buy the thing.

:D

We have always had fresh, real, noble fir trees as we live in the Christmas tree capitol of the world. Feeling a little strange the last few years about cutting down a live tree, only to watch it die in our living room, and then be cast outside on a burn pile, not to mention to the ever rising cost of a nice, fresh cut tree. We finally decided on a live tree in a pot. We got two years out of that one, now it's time to go in the ground.

So this year, we decided to look at fake trees for the obvious reasons. No fire hazard, not killing a live tree, no watering, no needles or sap to deal with etc. To our surprise, we found a beautiful pre-lit 7.5' spruce. It was 40% off, maybe because most people already have one, who knows. I still wasn't sold on the idea, as I don't particularly care for things that are trying to be something they are not . . . I was really reluctant, but it was simple to put up, and really beautiful. It really bears close inspection and is well made.

I never thought I would be happy with an artificial tree, but they sure have it down when it comes to making them look real! No more real trees for us, as this one is very nice, and really hard to tell the difference.

Ed

Fake tree for me, a good real tree decorated nicely gives you a warm cosy nostalgic feeling but thay wears off once the clean up operation starts followed by much grumbling. Artificial trees look the business these days, pack away nicely and are not that expensive.

I dont agree with the worry over cutting down a live tree. It is not a sentient being, just a biochemcal factory marvel following a set of thousands year old instructions. Whatever next, will we get sad when a bulb blows on the tree!

Alex

PS: its one of the true "fake" purchases that is acceptible and we all go for.

and also fake trees can be complete Sh**e...... exhibits a, b an c

a kimbers spruce

ChristmasTreeSingaporecopy.jpg

anorexics anonymous fir

thumb-DSCN0350.JPG

the office pine

Office%20Xmas%20Tree.jpg

My old house had wooden floors so real ones were ok, easy to clean up but I've carpets now so it will nice a nice artificial tree and I'll think I'll have a go of Paul's trick and spray some pine air freshener on it :(

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Real tree of course. It's an old tradition.

We have two mad young cats now, it's interesting to see what happens with that tree :(

I'am trying to find tree from our own forest, but it's difficult because there is mainly pines and the area is quite small.

Real for us and it just went up last week, even found it to be reasonably priced for a change! I love the smell of pine in the morning, smells like ...... Christmas!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Mine's a nine foot Nordman Fir, went up on December 1st and smells lovely. I had one of these last year, kept it well watered and it did not drop its needles. Here's an interesting link for different varieties of tree....

http://www.pinesandneedles.com/Buy/Real-Christmas-Trees/

Their prices are way OTT. My tree cost less than

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

none, dont need a tree to celebrate a retail event

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

After years of insisting on a fresh tree, giving in and going fake this year, too afraid of having tinder in a stand by X-mas eve every year, seems like they cut them earlier every year and they never seem to last like they used to. May get a 3-4 foot real just for the smell.

Artificial and pre-lit. Those Chinese really know how to make a tree! :(

:D

E

• Gold FFM
none, dont need a tree to celebrate a retail event

Found you a new Avatar Howard, for use in the festive season. :(

post-910-1197241105.jpg

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Going for a real tree this year.

Had a fake one last year due to my nephew's coming to stay and having to rearrange the whole house (long story). Really looking forward to christmas this year, good food, drink, company and movies.

When I have my own farm, I will plant enough trees to make up for cutting them down, as it is I compost all our veggie stuff.

For the second time on the forum, may I say:

Happy Christmas!

LouX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Fake tree for us this year.

I suppose the environment would thank me, but i am sure the industrial chemists amongst us could tell me just how much benzine is in my plastic tree. :D - not that the world doesn

We'll be going for a fake this year... if we can ever find one!

Last year someone decided to leave it to the very last minute to buy a tree and we ended up without one as we couldn't find a decent one left.

This year I am determined to have a tree, I bought a nice one for my work last week so we decide to get the same one for home, easy... Go to Homebase on Sunday, sold out but getting more in a couple of days. Go back to Homebase again yesterday but they didn't get any more of the one we wanted. Go to B&Q they have a grand selection of 2 overpriced manky trees. Go to another Homebase just to see the last employee driving out the car park :)

Tonight is mission Christmas Tree and hell hath no fury if I don't get my tree :)

We'll be going for a fake this year... if we can ever find one!

Last year someone decided to leave it to the very last minute to buy a tree and we ended up without one as we couldn't find a decent one left.

This year I am determined to have a tree, I bought a nice one for my work last week so we decide to get the same one for home, easy... Go to Homebase on Sunday, sold out but getting more in a couple of days. Go back to Homebase again yesterday but they didn't get any more of the one we wanted. Go to B&Q they have a grand selection of 2 overpriced manky trees. Go to another Homebase just to see the last employee driving out the car park :D

Tonight is mission Christmas Tree and hell hath no fury if I don't get my tree :D

We went out and bought ourselves a new fake tree this year from Tesco,