free hit
counters
B72 FOE Restoration Begins - Page 16 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Buddsy

B72 FOE Restoration Begins

Im not sure Simon. The smaller pipe is smaller than the home made one I have been running. 

I was thinking about what you said about wanting to get a bigger system but that would only be worth it if your manifold was bigger too. Also the smaller pipe which takes the exhaust gasses bypassed from the turbo is restricted mainly by the wastgate itself I would think?

To be honest I dont really understand exhaust systems too much. All I know is my smooth straight through system was just too loud.

Buddsy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well new one on although it still need a bit of muscle to get it sitting a bit more central in the aperture.

I cant believe just how much quieter it is....in a good way...arhhhh bliss!

Buddsy

Well new one on although it still need a bit of muscle to get it sitting a bit more central in the aperture.

I cant believe just how much quieter it is....in a good way...arhhhh bliss!

Buddsy

perhaps we will see you heading south now

• Like 1

finally had the time to walk through this entire  thread Great!!

• Like 1

Out of Norfolk - I hope!

Took the car out for a quick spin tonight and I cant believe how much nicer it is to drive. Doesnt backfire like a bastard any more and is just much more pleasant to drive. I cut the drive short as when I redone the seals in the speedo drive I must have assembled it not quite right (I had trouble with the small drive gear slipping off)

My only slight criticism would be my throttle return springs seem to be a bit too firm. It feels a bit too much pressure on the loud pedal. Once I have these two things sorted It will be very nice.

Buddsy

nice one Buddsy.You have done a fantastic job on your car...Must be cool being near the factory .....Mike

So as described in another thread I replace the bulb for the rev countre. Sounds stupid I know but little things like being able to see RPM at night time feels great.

Also I connected up the carbtune and used the colortune to set the idle mixture. All these things in conjuction with my new exhaust make the car soooo much nicer to drive.

Really enjoying it at the moment!

Next jobs I need to get new tyres, Geometry checked, boot carpet and then a respray.

Buddsy
  • Like 1