free hit
counters
Sport 300 Spoiler - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CBrownstead

Sport 300 Spoiler

I want to add a spoiler to an 88 esprit, trying to find one here in the states, there is a website that carries one they say fits, but cannot be sure . . .anyone know where i can get one? Even if it is shipped from euro, SJ has been emailed for a quote . . .but open to ideas . . . some joker on eflay wants 1800 + shipping . . .whatever . . .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would agree.The wing on my sport 350 was wild but convenient as it was on the tailgate.The s4 I have has a sport 300 wing and its a pain as it stops you getting anywhere near the boot except from the sides.

Go for a V8 or 350 in my opinion.

I had a Sport 300 wing on my 89 that fitted like a gem, if its the stevens body you should be fine :) I personally loved the look as I have a thing for the S300's ....yum! But as said you will lose your rear vision and have to rely off the side mirrors to see whats lurking behind .....oh but theres usually nothing cause your going too fast anyway, so dont worry about it!! :P

350.gifNo.23

I have the sport300/S4s Spoiler fitted on my 88 turbo must admit it looks good but is a pain for getting near the boot/engine. regarding rear visability it's no worse than driving a van. i.e use the side mirrors.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

If 1800 is the going price I'll remove my spoiler and sell it.

Regards,

Peter.

I want to add a spoiler to an 88 esprit, trying to find one here in the states, there is a website that carries one they say fits, but cannot be sure . . .anyone know where i can get one? Even if it is shipped from euro, SJ has been emailed for a quote . . .but open to ideas . . . some joker on eflay wants 1800 + shipping . . .whatever . . .

Best price i can find here in the states is from JAE . . . as usual . . . and it is like 620$ painted, but it is aftermarket and i am worried as I have heard they crack and stuff . . . .

Best price i can find here in the states is from JAE . . . as usual . . . and it is like 620$ painted, but it is aftermarket and i am worried as I have heard they crack and stuff . . . .

WOW, that's cheap, buy it unpainted and have a reputable shop put a nice coat of glass on it. If the shop is familiar with boat fiberglass, that would be the better option.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

hello i have a stock rear wing from my 91 SE i would sell for $500.00 us it's painted calypso red and is in perfect condition not sure what shipping would cost you i live in seattle wa i replaced it about three weeks ago with a rear wing for a countach i paid $525.00 shipped and another $500.00 for the body work and paint..... the countach wing makes the esprit look AWSOME it's the best looking wing money can buy.... of course it's not from a real countach....that would cost thousands.

hello i have a stock rear wing from my 91 SE i would sell for $500.00 us it's painted calypso red and is in perfect condition not sure what shipping would cost you i live in seattle wa i replaced it about three weeks ago with a rear wing for a countach i paid $525.00 shipped and another $500.00 for the body work and paint..... the countach wing makes the esprit look AWSOME it's the best looking wing money can buy.... of course it's not from a real countach....that would cost thousands.

You got some Pics? Would like to see!

hello again sorry for not responding earier i was on vacation i will post some pics of my 91 SE with a lambo countach wing and you can judge for your selves..... it might be a few days though the weather man is predicting rain for the next four days, i usually don't take it out in the rain....and the calypso red paint really looks good in the sun.... the only pics i have are with the stock wing........

SE esprit with countach wing.....this maybe the the only esprit with one of these wings.....

i took these at night in a parking lot.......... the car looks a lot better in the sun

post-4065-1199253840_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1199253921_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1199253970_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1199254027_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1199254588_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1199254653_thumb.jpg

Not sure..... I think its too tall. But I would really have to see it in person. I bet you get a lot of questions regarding your Lambo? As it really changes the appearance of the Esprit... It might grow on me though.... So I bet your hatch doesn't stay up anymore with all the added weight?

IMHO it needs the arch extensions and a change of wheels to really give the whole car that wow factor that the wing has added to the back. On its own the spoiler is not offensive, its just far more in your face than the rest of the car!!

Sport 300 arches and a set of either V8 split rims or OZ Novas would do the trick!! Oh and a Sport 300 lip for the front!!! They you go spent some money for you there!!!

i will say that when i first mounted it i was wondering if i did the right thing..... i first got the idea when playing with a couple 1/24 scale models.... an esprit and a countach... i switched wings and it looked pretty good.....of course i didn't put that fiero looking wing on the countach..... that would have been a crime.... i can say this much.... the car gets a lot more attention now than before.... as for the weight.... the new wing is about 25lbs heavier so i had to cut a small piece of wood to wedge into the trunk release latch otherwise it would never release............ i just think the stock spoiler looks like it came off of a fiero............ and the esprit deserves a lot better than a fiero spoiler.