free hit
counters
Gearbox issues - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ajb1967

Gearbox issues

Guys,

After some experimentation i have found out that the strange noises are coming from the gearbox.

I was wondering if anybody else has had gearbox problems on their S cars.This is a SE so it is not the same issue as on the V8 boxes.

I am almost certain that it is the crown wheel and diff that are the problem.

Anyway,if anybody has had issues let me know

The gearbox is coming off next week and i will then know if i am right

Secondly,when fitting a new exhaust i am having the CAT removed also.According to my guy i need a Power boost valve on the fuel since due to the fact that the system is then free flowing it will need more fuel at certain times.There are 2 ways of doing this i understand.One is to put in a new chip (already have an upgraded chip which bumps power to 310 bhp) or to add one of these valves to the system.

Anyone here had any experience with this ?

rgds

AJB

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Adrian,

Just some advice if you need a new crown wheel. The crown wheel comes as a matched set with the pinion. This is a Lotus only part as the application demands an especially hard coating. Once that goes surface coating goes then you get very a fast wear rate and the old oil will go to a jelly.

Regarding the fueling. I recommend you do nothing. The ECU will re-learn the new conditions and if it demands more fuel then it will request it. A freescan log will give you the long term fuel trims and the injector duty cycle. Do not change the fuel pressure.

Dermot

:crazy: According to my guy i need a Power boost valve on the fuel ....

Honestly, this is pure BS.

Please let the fuel system like it is. DONOT change the fuel pressure.

Dermot is perfectly right.

The only thing you could think about is using higher flow secondary injectors. But this is only necessary is you exceed the 330+HP range.

Good luck with your gearbox !

Happy holidays

Marcus

Guys,

After some experimentation i have found out that the strange noises are coming from the gearbox.

I was wondering if anybody else has had gearbox problems on their S cars.This is a SE so it is not the same issue as on the V8 boxes.

I am almost certain that it is the crown wheel and diff that are the problem.

Anyway,if anybody has had issues let me know

The gearbox is coming off next week and i will then know if i am right

Secondly,when fitting a new exhaust i am having the CAT removed also.According to my guy i need a Power boost valve on the fuel since due to the fact that the system is then free flowing it will need more fuel at certain times.There are 2 ways of doing this i understand.One is to put in a new chip (already have an upgraded chip which bumps power to 310 bhp) or to add one of these valves to the system.

Anyone here had any experience with this ?

rgds

AJB

Marcus