free hit
counters
Ooh! Ooh! Esprit S1 stars in recent movie! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony K

Ooh! Ooh! Esprit S1 stars in recent movie!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My Spanish isn't great but a literal translation would be "Lo mejor que le puede pasar" = "The best thing that can happen to him" I believe "cruas

The comedian Chris Barrie, in his early pre-TV/pre-Red Dwarf years used to appear on a Radio 4 comedy show where one of his best characters was a 1970s Spanish private investigator - his car, a "Paella Esprit Convertible"

Completely off topic - sorry carry on.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Good find. The car looks lovely. Is it just the screencap, or is it really a very dark red rather than black?

More speed, less haste

Good find. The car looks lovely. Is it just the screencap, or is it really a very dark red rather than black?

I think it's your gamma -- looks very black on my screen.

Anorak time: The car has early S2 mirrors -- I wonder if it is a very late S1 (many European delivery cars were). . . :thumbsup:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I think it's your gamma -- looks very black on my screen.

It's not my gamma, although that probably makes it more obvious. Try using a colour-picker in a graphics program your pic, on a part without reflections. Maybe it was a cold day and they filmed it with a warm-up filter because the bib (which I assume really is black) has the same cast. Whatever the reason, I like it.

Anorak time: The car has early S2 mirrors -- I wonder if it is a very late S1 (many European delivery cars were). . . :thumbsup:

Put your coat back Tony. The more Esprits I see, the more I spot details (or more usually, have them pointed out to me) that suggest that Lotus blurred the lines between the different models. I think that if they ran out of a part for the old model, and they'd just got in a load for the new one, they'd use the new one's instead. I also see old model bits on new models, which suggests they were using up the old model's parts. I guess that's how a small company survives.

Are all yours identical apart from the colour? If not, perhaps you could start a "spot the differences" thread.

More speed, less haste