free hit
counters
nitros oxide - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mickdole

nitros oxide

anyone gone down the road of fitting nos to thier car. either single or double fase kit. is it safe? is it feasable?i think only 3,4,5, gear opperation as 1,2, is so rapid anyway.would like any feedback on anyone whos done it or views on is it going to be an handgranade and not a starter. all comments welcome.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Karl did it on his GT3, see more here:

http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/EOwners/KarlSherratt.html

He's on here from time to time so why not mail him and ask about it?

I know guys with modded/show cars that do this but don't tend to use

it much, not sure how often Karl uses his system. Not heard of

another one to link for you.

:thumbsup:

I fitted it to a Guigaro turbo few years back .It was an easy install and the suppliers (can't remember who but I'll look were very helpful ).They had done it to at least one V8 .

Initially most suppliers will only supply limited HP injector/s so that you don't do any damage .They you go higher after the system has been checked and the engine is performing ok.

I actually never used it !! It was more of a could it fit exercise.I sold the car to someone and the system to Andy Clements who is also on this forum.

Rich

And I still haven't fitted it to the Turbo, initially found the clutch was slipping under full power, now replaced the clutch with a +25% from Marcus , but there's not enough torque handling in the clutch to make any sense in fitting it to a car that's alrady had its power increased.

It may go on a 912 engined car soon.

Andy

I've had a Zex wet system on my car for a couple of years now. It came with three jets, I'm not sure what the exact jet was I put in but I didn't max it out, I think it was the 60 HP jet. Car runs great with it.

Pete

90 SE