free hit
counters
Locating the rear spring..... - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Locating the rear spring.....

Found out yesterday, that the damper rod on the rear shock was not connected to the top mount, and the car was just resting on the spring, which was halfway off..........and as my girlfriend was just about to take the car out, the thought of it slipping off resulting in a bit of rear wheel, arch action at 70mph was not just a little scarey.

Anyway, there are these long compressible springs which sit on top of the main springs, and they seem to stop the main spring locating in the cup, both sides look like they're not sat properly, and it looks like these long springs should not be there.

Any clues?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dan,

I have sent you an email explaining the suspension for the car which was made by Faulkners and GAZ in the absence of any real 350 stuff being available when we did the rebuild.(of course Lotus have now completed their damper programme)

There is no way it should fail like that.I would call GAZ .The things have only done a few thousand miles and as you know are like new.

Hope you get it sorted.

Richard