free hit
counters
Stevens indicator relay - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hants34

Stevens indicator relay

Hi, hopefully an easily solveable query. How do you get to the indicator relay which in my '90 NA is behind the dash and seeminglt directly behind the tell tale lights. I have been inside the footwell looking up with my hands contorted but still can't quite see or reach it. Alternatively is there a replacement from another vehicle or simply some ratings/pin positions etc that I can present to Halfrauds or similar auto factors and do a direct swap once I do get my hands on it?

Many thanks, Martin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi

I think you need to remove the binnacle, removed 4 blots and two cable connectors and the speedo cable it will take 10- 15min to take out!

(but it's take some time to put back e.g. speedo cable ..)

See this link http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...e/Binnacle.html

Y.Hotta

Most appreciated, I had a feeling it was going to be a little more involved than pulling the old one out and simply plugging in a new one. Everytime I need to replace a part on my car I become convinced that the offending item is the one that Lotus had on a work bench and then decided to design and build a car around it! Love 'em!

Just the side screws underneath the buttons, and the single bolt from underneath. Not hard really. Shoehorning the binnacle off to the right (or left if your car is rhd)is probably the hardest part!

No need to disconnect the speedo to gain access to the flasher.

Once again, thanks for the advice, will have a go this coming weekend. P.s I like the look of the wheels on your somewhat sad looking Esprit. I have just refurbed a set of standard OZ wheels and sprayed centres satin black and had rims polished, got a set of OZ centres and OZ valve caps and chrome valve stem covers off ebay, just sorting tyres. They will look similar to yours, so I am pleased with the result and looking fwd to getting them on the car. Regards, Martin

My old Esprit had the OZ "Revolution" style wheels that were standard on US 1993 Esprits...they were replicas of the X180-R race car version wheels, but 15" fronts and 16" seconds. They looked especially sharp on a black or red Esprit. When you say standard OZ wheels, are you talking about the "saw blade look" Ruote wheels, or the 5-spokes that are on the S4 and U.S. S4s? I have been looking into duplicating that look with the "S4" style wheels presently on my car and painting the centers with polished lips. Please post pics of how yours look, would love to see them.

These were the 93 Revolution's:

RevolutionRearUp.JPG

Edited by Paul93Lotus

Hi Paul, I saw a set of your revolutions for sale over here a while back on ebay but lister withdrew them, shame as I was very interested. Mine are the saw type as per all early Steven's models. Will post pics when I have them on car so you can see them with and without tyres. Shall I email you direct as we are going slightly off topic here, what's your e address? Cheers

Edited by Kimbers
tidy post