Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Newbie here :) - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Newbie here :)

hopefullyf3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum. I've got an IS250 also. You'll notice the difference when you get your Esprit!

Yeah the IS lacks balls.. but for right now it serves the function of school bus and grocery getter hahaha!

I'm looking into getting a SE.. but I found an '89 real cheap but I'm worried about the condition. I don't want to get one with too many headaches.

Southern California eh! :evil: i Suppose its lovelly blue skies all the way! B) Snow forcast here on thursday! :thumbup: Still you will never know the wonderful feeling of an Esprit going backwards into a field because you drove over a frozen puddle now will you :sick:

Hope you treat yourself to an Esprit soon and enjoy the forum, just don't take anyone too seriously - we are just a bunch of p!55-Takers!

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

welcome to the forum, we have other members in so cal, I am sure they will post soon

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Welcome to the forum! I'm in OC and the local owners meet at Cars and Coffee in Irvine each Saturday AM.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Welcome to the forum, GP. As others have said, there are a few owners in the Southland that may be able to help you with advice or inspecting a car. Good luck with your search.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Let us know what year and model (V8, S4, S4s etc) and I'll keep an eye out. I do know of an incredibly fast 98 V8 in the local area.

Actually I'm looking for a Steven's preferably one with power steering.. so I guess that means 94 to 96. I haven't tried one without power steering so it depends on how hard it is to steer without it.

I will look at 88 and up models.

But I will consider a V8 is the price is right :D

Edited by hopefullyf3

The 99 sounds okay, but I'd be cautious over such low mileage (these cars don't like to sit in garages) and some of the early V8's had issues with cylinder liners. I know of an amazing black 98 V8 putting out ~500HP on a primo built engine by Viking Motorsports in Costa Mesa (forged pistons, special head studs etc) and Lotus race ECU for low to mid $40K. What ever you get have Harry at Viking Motorsports check it out.

Or stop by Cars and Coffee in Irvine and meet the OC Lotus folks on a Saturday morning.