free hit
counters
where to buy an esprit? and some other advice! : ) - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blkmnl

where to buy an esprit? and some other advice! : )

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I was wondering who has taken on an 88' or 89' as a project car. I am quite interested in buying one and fixing it up but its been pretty hard to find a esprit that is the right price that I can fix up. My father and I just got an old 924 turbo to fix up not to long ago and will probably be looking for an esprit in the near future, so I figured I would start my search now. If anyone could give me advice on what I might expect to pay for a fix'er upper and where I might find out that would be great.

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hi max and welcome to the forum , this and the previously mentioned Lotus Esprit World are the best site for information. It would help us to help you if you told us where in the world you are.. and what sort of budget you have.. because even if you buy a good car they still need spending on..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I think LEW has info. on this idea. These are Ferrari classed cars and the parts cost are simular. It is very easy to spend more money than you could ever hope to get out of an Esprit. A new pro built motor can run $20k. Some transmissions cost more than a cherry of a 924. Its not like fixing up an old Mustang. Just be careful and know what you are getting into. I personally have over $20k in reciepts for the last two years for my car, not a fixer upper. I have done nothing cosmetic to the car at all.

With that said, they are one of the most exciting cars on the road and true hand built exotic supercars.