free hit
counters
how many Esprit Turbos are left on Uk roads? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red vtec

how many Esprit Turbos are left on Uk roads?

Anyone know? I know Esprits are rare but there are a few round where I live (couple of GT3, Few SE's) Just wondered if anyone knoew how many of each model are left now?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:D

That's very hard to quantify as the only real source is the DVLA and I think at last check there were around 1,250 cars taxed in the UK. Half of production ended up RoW and many are Sorn'd as they are being repaired or the owners have lost interest.

Personally, I think that 1/3rd of Esprits still survive and are in circulation.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I understand from researching mine that it was resurrected by the PO. so about a 1/3 could be correct

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I'd be interested to know too, also how many G Turbo's verus S Turbo's. My guess is there are going to be more G Turbo's as they made them for longer 1980 - 1987 versus 1987 - 1991. And there's more interest in the G Turbo's, so more have been resurrected.

We had a thread about this a while ago but I can't find it. One of the difficulties is that the DVLA do not necessarily record the type of Esprit, some of them are just Esprit instead of say Esprit S3.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

We had a thread about this a while ago but I can't find it. One of the difficulties is that the DVLA do not necessarily record the type of Esprit, some of them are just Esprit instead of say Esprit S3.

Exactly, my S3 has only ever been marked as an Esprit on it's log book, not that it is really an S3 any more ..................

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

What type? I had a time just getting the DMV here to understand what it was at all. I expect "who made that?" from dim wits at car shows and parking lots. but the DMV? they KEPT asking me "Who made that?"... I even got a Title back that had "Lamborgini - Lotus Esprit" on it???? WTF? Took six trips and a call to the state capital to get it straight!

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

I had the opposite thing happen here....woman at DMV had the Esprit come up on the computer, verified the VIN and even knew the value to calculate sales tax. But the weird thing is that I didn't get the annual excise tax bill - turns out many of the exotic cars in Mass. were not being taxed...so the $1M McClarens, Aston Martins, Rolls Royces were paying $0! Not to worry though, the tax man figured it out and sending out retroactive tax bills.

I'm inclined to bet there are more Esprits in the US than the UK....which I find sad.

-Chandra

91SE

What type? I had a time just getting the DMV here to understand what it was at all. I expect "who made that?" from dim wits at car shows and parking lots. but the DMV? they KEPT asking me "Who made that?"... I even got a Title back that had "Lamborgini - Lotus Esprit" on it???? WTF? Took six trips and a call to the state capital to get it straight!

Cameron