free hit
counters
HORN ISSUES and VENT ISSUES - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CBrownstead

HORN ISSUES and VENT ISSUES

Everything was working ok, took it out the other day and it just makes a buzzing sound now . . . and now my air is making girgling sounds, is there a drain somewhere that is plugged that is clogging up an air vent or something? . . . I can literally hear the air coming through water . . . It did rain here and the car was in it . . . shame on me

Edited by CBrownstead

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

spray some WD 40 into the horns, they may be clogged with dust and debris and failing to make the noise. That's what happened to mine.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Chris, can you see any water in the passenger compartment? Check if any water drips into the passenger footwell when when AC is on.

Where in Charlotte are you? I'm in Winston-Salem - would be glad to have a look if you're close.

I guess it depends upon how long ago you actually used the horns. Each of my Esprits had the horns dead, and it was the trumpets each time. The trumpets from any air horn kit you can buy at an auto parts store will work. For that matter the plastic trumpets included in these kits are probably more reliable than the metal ones that were stock on the Esprit.

Hopefully the screws that hold the access panels are not all rusted away and you'll be able to get at them without drama. If you haven't already gone in there they are in the front bumper right in front of the driver's oil cooler. Either the trumpet is rusted out/ruined, or an air line has popped off. But the chances of both hoses popping off is probably pretty slim. Prices for "lotus" trumpets are ridiculous, so if you want the closest to stock, get Fiamm ones.

Edited by Paul93Lotus