free hit
counters
Window motor upgrade - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Glyn Harper

Window motor upgrade

As part of my interior change I've now managed to swap my doors over without too much hassle, to the later style doors with the Vauxhall door handles.

I must say.. getting the large rectangular multi plug for the door wiring in/out of the small square hole was a bit of a challenge.. And I keep trying to teach my 6 month old daughter that you can't put the rectangular peg in the square hole.. well Lotus can!

Anyway.. As I'm upgrading from the older style doors with the crap winscreen motors with only one arm, I'm swapping my window glass over from the old to the new doors.

I've noticed that on the runner for the glass, there is a bit welded over the slot to allow you to connect the window channel to that diagonal bit with the wheels on it.

I'm assuming this bit needs to be cut off to allow the entire length of the window channel to be freed up for the new window mechanism that has two arms.

Does anyone have any experience of this at all?

Would it be easier (and possible even!) to just change the channel at the bottom of the glass?

Cheers,

Glyn.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.