free hit
counters
V8 Engine cover on a GT3? is possible? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
espritpassion

V8 Engine cover on a GT3? is possible?

HI Friends

I want change the look of my engine.....

someone have already changed the engine cover of a 4cyl (myGT3) and fitted the V8 Engine cover......if is possible should be a very beautiful work, certainly not for to say: "I have a V8" but for change the engine cover that I think is very simple style...

so I can do it:

should be necessary have: first a v8 engine cover and fit it on a V8 cover..........

if someone have thinked or made it......post his work

Regards

Alessandro

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No Alessandro, that's not possible nor in my opinion sensible.

You have a chargecooler which puts an end to this plan unless you plan on relocating it and I'd imagine 100 other problems.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I thinked to fit the red v8 cover or on the 4cyl engine cover or on the cover of the V8...but the problem is the space because the cover is very near to the boot..so is necessary mod. it..

however this can be a very courious project!!!!!

It's very simple to do really. All you need is to remove the 4 cylinder engine and everything bolted to it.

Once you've modified the chassis around the engine cradle area, you can then fit a whole V8 engine and all the associated hardware.

Easy.

It's very simple to do really. All you need is to remove the 4 cylinder engine and everything bolted to it.

Once you've modified the chassis around the engine cradle area, you can then fit a whole V8 engine and all the associated hardware.

Easy.

UHM....REALLY?????????????

fantastic idea...I'm reading to fit the new engine!!!!! ::P)

Easy.

Ere now thats an idea... you may also benefit with more torque & a bit more power? :P

Alesandro, you never really seem happy with your GT3 mate, is it all you expected it to be? They are fantastic cars if you take them for what they are & designed to do.

yes I'm very happy for my GT3!!

but fit the V8 cover is the same reason for who fit the v8 wheels (as me) ...FOR THE LOOK!!!

that is not a cover mate that is infact the inlet manifold and cam covers... You need a V8 engine to get that look.... I'd not fanny around too much in there with covers etc as you will affect the air flow and cooling, I'd leave well alone and get your engine polished like mine if you just want it to be pretty??

Mark :P

post-642-1199378758_thumb.jpg

Edited by mwmackenzie

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

The V8 does not have a cover, what you can see is the inlet plenums and runners.

It may be possible for someone to lend you their V8 for you to take a mould from the top of the engine and then make up a cover out of plastic/glass fibre to fit on top of the 9XX engine, if there is room.

You would then need to think about how to attach it to the 9XX without compromising cooling, air flow etc.

Seems like a lot of work for only cosmetic gain......

Hilly

Do'h!!!! just seen Mark's post, I need to type faster............

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Very cool the mark looks!!!!!!!

this is the very very aggressive engine!!! only the photos tell me how many fast is this car!! :P

Completely awesome Mark - gives a whole new (and less euphemistic) meaning to "I'm off to the shed to polish something, love".

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"