free hit
counters
Spotted.... possible Esprit Turbo prototype in movie - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogue_s1

Spotted.... possible Esprit Turbo prototype in movie

Since we're on an Esprit in the movies spotting kick... I'm sure it's been many years since you all saw the Muppets take Manhattan, but I have kids, and therefore an excuse. In the jewel heist scene, there is clearly an early Esprit Turbo. I'm think possible Essex prototype due to the Compomotive wheels and red leather interior, but I may be wrong. Also there appears to be no front windscreen in the car. Check it out. Rob

2 X the fun!

Nose.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It could be, most of the prototype Turbo Esprits I've seen have had no air duct in the sills and speedline alloys so it's more likely to be an early Turbo Esprit, around 1980 / 1981. Just Googled the film and it was made in 1984, so the car was a few years old when it was filmed. They often remove the windscreen when they're filming people inside the car.

It's not good saying Esprits are driven by Muppets.

yes that's a point ! :lol:

about the windscreen: i think the mirror like shine of an windscreen in that angle makes it nearly impossible to film a frontal inside sceenery... .

The nowadays possible dashboard mounted finger-type Video-cams with objectives in a scale of a thumbnail, was spy-equipment in those days ! B)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Came across another pic of this car, posted last year don't know how I missed it. Appears to have no glass apart from rear 3/4 windows, strange. From Lotus' own (sadly ravaged) archives;

283880_217701844940935_135849009792886_680461_5974495_n.jpg

In the garage no-one can hear you scream