free hit
counters
Large Feet in an V8 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The pedal box in all Esprits is not the largest. It will be easier to drive with the correct footware although not impossible if not available. I have size 13. (UK size) Toe and heal is still OK in a slim trainer.

Good luck

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

My understanding is a US 11 is a UK 9, absolutely not a problem. I have also driven ours in 5 inch heels...but that's possibly not a route you are seeking to explore!!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Mayesprit, Katie, thanks for your reponses. With spring on the way thinking about actually picking up a car this year. The V8's are costlier to purchase and maintain, but here in the US, I'm seeing more choices in the V8 models. Not toi mention the extra power :yes

1.90m ; 100kg, with shoes of 46! Not excellent but it works (ok, on the tack i use special thin "moccasin-type" shoes..)

the way is to remove the round distance plates under the seat screws, rebuild your steering column to get an option of higher mounting angle. All together gives several centimeters more knee-space in my car. In fact, i can close my knees under the original steering wheel now... .

With that way you can change the angle of your legs and therefore it is space for your feet. No more "gynaecology" frog position :devil:

The only problem left is i still have not enough head room with a helmet. But i think i can laminate a spare roof with a *Gurney bubble* for track use ..

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 weeks later...

Its the width of your foot that would be the issue, not the length. If your shoe is too wide you will catch the other pedals.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Its the width of your foot that would be the issue, not the length. If your shoe is too wide you will catch the other pedals.

can't totally agree in that. Several times -especially with my ordinary street shoes, i stepped on the brake light switch with my foot. So it is as always also "the length that counts"... .

PS, @Kylie : if you wear Adrians shoes you can tell the policeman "sorry officer, it was not me who pushed the accelerator so hard, it was just the weight of my shoe ! "

PPS. I was back on the road this weekend (don't know how long it will work..) but it was a fun ride . V8 rules ! :cry:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

My understanding is a US 11 is a UK 9, absolutely not a problem. I have also driven ours in 5 inch heels...but that's possibly not a route you are seeking to explore!!!

Thanks! You answered one of my nagging doubt/ questions!

I've been looking for my car for a while, and yet I've only been able to test drive one, and never had a chance to test drive it in heels...

I wear size 13 US and have no issue. It is definitely easier with driving shoes (I wear Piloti) but either way still easily workable. Better than the Elise IMO. In the Elise I have to wear my driving shoes or I hit the feet together when braking and pushing in the clutch.

Just thought I'd chime in on what gave me a tad more room between pedals. I bought the aluminum V8 'Sport 350' metal pedal pads for the clutch and brake pedal. When you remove the rubber pads you'll notice that the 'actual' pedal is a little smaller than the rubber pad. Then when i drilled and mounted the metal pads, I mounted them "left justified"...where the right side of the pedal pad was aligned exactly with the right side of the new pad. This increased the gap by probably at least a 1/4 inch between accelerator pedal and brake pedal. Also since the metal pads are a tad narrower this helped as well.

I guess the next step would be to grind the pedals a little smaller width wise. It might just take that little extra to avoid hitting two pedals at once.