free hit
counters
LED interior lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetace25

LED interior lights

I was replacing the R/H switch panel on my early S3 when an unpleasant thought came to mind - what if the fibre optic bulb pops again and I have to risk ripping up the binnacle trim and scratching the panel all over again getting it out?

I believe LED bulbs go on forever so has anyone used them and is there an LED replacement for the 12v 6w fibre optic light source bulb?

Many thanks,

Si

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think this has been discussed a good number of times, please check using the search function and you should find a wealth of information :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

there is an article on LEW that tells you which bulbs to buy and where from

called something like giugiaro LED upgrade

Thanks,

I tried a search using 'LED lights' before posting this topic but nothing came up.

Apparently we need a cluster of angled LED lights for the correct dispersal as the optic leads attach around the periphery of the source bulb. Also because the light shines through green filters on the switches it seems the LED must be green too instead of white which would be filtered out!

I'm off to look on LEW.

Thanks,

Si

The reason LED didn't return any search options is probably the board restriction that searches have to be more than 3 letters, unless Bibbs wants to alter it down further.

Andy

You're right Andy,

For anyone interested in LEDs I found this thread by expanding the search title:

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...p;hl=LED+lights

and this is the LEW link;

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...D_Giugiaro.html

The fibre optics aren't dealt with but with the unidirectional nature of LEDs it seems our set-up is better suited to the original filament bulb.

Si