free hit
counters
V8 Engine parts wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sierra1off

V8 Engine parts wanted

Hi Guys

I am after parts for a V8 engine i have.

Anyone got a mass of spare parts left over from previous projects / rebuild?

pair of turbos, complete, standard or t28

Plenum gaskets

cam sensor

fuel pipe to fuel rail fittings

oil and water feed and return pipes for turbos

IACV and pipes

I am in Essex

Also i intend to use an after market ECU. probably Emerald. has anyone done this?

any doo's and dont's

Cheers

alan

Anglia cosworth powered

Sierra 5.7L mustang powered

Sierra convertable

Nissan Skyline

suzuki bandit with 1100gsxr engine

Jag XJ8

Mk2 Cortina, no engine

Lotus V8 engine, no car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can try this

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Alan,

Have you checked on ebay? There is a guy selling V8 Esprit engine parts including the plenum gasket, turbos and cam sensor http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lotus-v8-Engine-set-...5QQcmdZViewItem .

www.pukesprit.de does V8 turbos

In regard to ECU, Mike Sekinger is the guy to contact. He binned his Lotus ECU for a 3rd party one.

Hope you get your parts.

You could do us all a favour when you get the parts. Could you check the part numbers on the part and add them to the v8 parts cross reference thread.

Regards,

Peter.

I see Mike's already responded. When you mention a V8 ECU it's like a shark and a drop of blood in the water, he can detect it immediately :-)

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by peter_england99

... hahahahaha very funny ..... :)

I see Mike's already responded. When you mention a V8 ECU it's like a shark and a drop of blood in the water, he can detect it immediately :-)

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

thanks guys,

I have seen the seller you mention on ebay and will go that route but wondered if there were any Lotus owners i could help out and buy their spares first.

Mike, i am a novice with injection and ECU's, so forgive me but if i run a stand alone ECU wont the injectors and plugs fire on comand of the ECU, which gets its input from the sensors,

To fix it would i have to put in a set of positive pulse injectors or reprogramme the ECU

This engine isnt in a lotus by the way, so i am hoping to just wire up the following

Throttle position

Manifold Air pressure

Cam position

Crank

Water Temp

Oxygen

Manifold Air temp.

I have seen your thoughts on upping the boost on a t25 and the extra heat produced.

Would it be beneficial ( if its not too expensive) to opt for a larger turbo now rather than later. or does any increase in boost to say 1 bar, require intercooling.

I was thinking of controling the wastegate actuator with an amal valve ,

what do you think?

Thanks

alan

Anglia cosworth powered

Sierra convertable

Nissan Skyline

Jag XJ8

Mk2 Cortina, no engine

Lotus V8 engine, no car

Before leaving for Japan, all my Espritism stock was moved to Troy at LotusEspritRestorations. The haul included a pair of V8 turbos plus some other bits from a V8. I think Troy still has these.

Send Troy a mail, he should be able to help.

Malc Holmes

Mike, i am a novice with injection and ECU's, so forgive me but if i run a stand alone ECU wont the injectors and plugs fire on comand of the ECU, which gets its input from the sensors,

To fix it would i have to put in a set of positive pulse injectors or reprogramme the ECU

This engine isnt in a lotus by the way, so i am hoping to just wire up the following

Throttle position

Manifold Air pressure

Cam position

Crank

Water Temp

Oxygen

Manifold Air temp.

I have seen your thoughts on upping the boost on a t25 and the extra heat produced.

Would it be beneficial ( if its not too expensive) to opt for a larger turbo now rather than later. or does any increase in boost to say 1 bar, require intercooling.

I was thinking of controling the wastegate actuator with an amal valve ,

what do you think?

Thanks

alan

What are you planning to fit the V8 in?

My assumption was that you were talking about a Lotus V8 installation and that you would want to use a fair amount of the loom and switching. If you

I am intending to fit the V8 into the front of a Mk2 Cortina

So the engine will be a tight fit

I am putting an auto box on the back as its kinder on the transmission.(still might want that bellhousing)

Dont know if there is space for an intercooler.

My instinct is to run it as standard on the T25's and once all fitted , then determine if theres room for an intercooler, and up the boost a bit.

I have heard good reports about the Emerald ECU ( Is it Dave Walker), but i am open to other suggestions.

I am presuming that almost any ECU can take in data from the lotus sensors and once run up on a rolling road, be mapped accordingly.

The emerald has a facility to run closed loop within predetermined peramiters, which sounds good.

Is there anything about this engine thats out of the ordinary. It doesnt run backwards or have variable cam timing or anything has it?

I hope to use the engine loom that came with the engine, and fit a stand alone ECU to it, and only use the sensors mentioned earlier (dont even know if i need to run both crank and cam sensors, wouldnt one of them do?)

PICT1618.jpg

PICT1612.jpg

This will be a street car with occasional 1/4 mile action

The only reason i say intend, is that i dont know the history of the engine, it spins freely on the starter, but i am going to test the compression this week.

If thats ok its game on!

Cheers

alan

Anglia cosworth powered

Sierra convertable

Nissan Skyline

Jag XJ8

Mk2 Cortina, no engine

Lotus V8 engine, no car

Taken heads off, half the valves are bent,

Crank, big ends, mains, cams, pistons and bores are all good.

PICT1643.jpg

PICT1706.jpg

PICT1707.jpg

PICT1644.jpg

Will fit new valves first.

Anyone else have 128 Tooth cambelts?

My cam pulleys all have 31 teeth, wheras all others i have seen have 26 teeth

alan

Edited by sierra10ff

Anglia cosworth powered

Sierra convertable

Nissan Skyline

Jag XJ8

Mk2 Cortina, no engine

Lotus V8 engine, no car

Guest Troy Halliday

Give me a shout when your getting closer on the ecu stage I'll introduce you to a friend of mine Steve Greenal what he doesn't know about engin management isn't worth knowing. He has seen just about every system pass through his workshop on the rollers so is more that qualified to give you any advice that you need. Not only that he used to be a Lotus mechanic so is familier with out little machines.

As promised here is Steve's details

Steve Greenal - Track and Road

When you speek to him tell him I gave you the details. B)

Thanks for that Troy, i work in Rainham and have been in to speak to him before, but could not get his attention and left after waiting 15 mins.

I know they are good there, they do keep you waiting about though,

Cheers

alan

Anglia cosworth powered

Sierra convertable

Nissan Skyline

Jag XJ8

Mk2 Cortina, no engine

Lotus V8 engine, no car