free hit
counters
Rear bumper fixing - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I'm confused about the rear bumper fixings on my car. It's an early series 1 which has 4 fixing holes in the bodywork and bumper. The bumper has a pair of metal brackets for the inner two holes but the outer two are just holes in the bumper and I don't see how they are fixed. Should there be some kind of fixing in the bumper - which I'm missing? I'm trying to rack my brains and remember what was on there when I took it off - I have a feeling I had to hacksaw through the bolts on those outer ones but I can't see how they were ever done up as you can't get inside the bumper?

Thanks, Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul,

My red car has a former new old stock UK/RoW rear bumper, and it had the metal brackets on the outer holes. For what it's worth, there was only one inner bracket (i.e. only 3 holes to hold bumper to body).

- T

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hmmm... only 3 fixings, that's strange! My brother-in-law has a gun at his work which can fit threaded inserts into blind holes so he's going to borrow it for me and I think that should do the job :ermm:

Cheers, Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Hi Paul

On one side my rear bumper strengthener (plywood) was rotted out so I made up new brackets to get around this. I made brackets for both sides, but only fitted one, If you like I will fit the other one & take Photos to show you what I did - let me know & I will do it sooner rather than later.

Xisab