free hit
counters
Le Mans 08 - Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Mans 08

Series

Well guys a happy New Year to you all, and yes I still have my Esprit Highwing, so I am now planning on taking her again to Le Mans this year.

anyone else interested in taking a run down to middle France, cant remember the exact date in June normally aound the 12th. will be leaving on the Thursday am from Dover to Calais. and returning Sunday.

Last year was very eventful especially with all the rain. (where is the climate change when you really need it)

but it will be nice to convoy down with a few other Esprits, Bibs was down there last year, never got a chance to stop and chat. ATM there will be myself a Mitz and a TVR, more in the offing.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there in the SE, heading down the same time and back the same too :)

Should be fun, we'll have a nice Eurohoon down there :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'd like to go. Gotta beg, sorry ask, the Mrs first :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi

I'd be interested.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Me, my mate Jim, the Orange lady and the radio controlled water cannon will be going down. Heading off Thursday am, and back Moanday. Staying with Club Valan at the airport. What time train?ferry are we all getting on Thursday? Sounds like an opportunity for a meet and a hoon down to La Sarthe.

Most enduring memory from last year was getting a bag of crisps passed from a guy in an RX8 on the Motorway while doing a (00mph. Typical Le Mans madness.

we normally get the 07.50am P & O ferry and tag up with the WRR (White Rabbit Racing) a strange lot that have an incestous relationships with each others BMW's.

am going to stripe up the my white lady for the event this year, keep promising to do it.

more details to follow.........................

we normally get the 07.50am P & O ferry and tag up with the WRR (White Rabbit Racing) a strange lot that have an incestous relationships with each others BMW's.

am going to stripe up the my white lady for the event this year, keep promising to do it.

more details to follow.........................

We used to camp next to a bunch of guys calling themselves Black Rat racing. All thier cars looked like they had escaped from an episode of Moster Garage, they even had an Esprit G car in pink with a Rover V8 in it!!! As well as a nice V8

Something like this?

IMG_3133.jpg

and this?

IMG_3127-1.jpg

The green V8 is for sale too!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That's the Mulsanne straight last year :ermm:

The chap in the green V8 is Cliff Davies, he was at the factory day in '06 and he built the pink car. It's not a Rover V8, it's a V8 he built himself one afternoon, I asked about it at the time! :fun:

Evora NA

Hmmmm interesting...........(did you say it's for sale?)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Im doing the clasic Lemans this year, Iwent down to the classic in 2006 with Lotus Drivers Club, somehow we got the chance to drive the circut (with pase car in front) we soon dropped back leaving a nice gap so acheiving speeds of 120+ mph. The only problem was there was some 150 911s and another 50+ lotuses at the same time, still good fun. The only good thing about the classic is that you can actually get space on a camp site or in a hotel,

mick

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the 7.50 shuttle on the 12th, anyone else on that one?

I recommend if you ar going to book your crossing, Speed Ferries are aready sold out on several crossings on Thursday and the return on Monday. We decided to do the tunnel this year as never done it before.

We are staying in Dover area Wednesday 11th, so if anybody else is around good opp for a meet up?

Glad to hear that you guys are going. I want to, but would prefer to stay in an hotel. Is there any one else doing this or are you lot going camping instead?

Cheres.

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Glad to hear that you guys are going. I want to, but would prefer to stay in an hotel. Is there any one else doing this or are you lot going camping instead?

Cheres.

Stuart.

HOTEL!!!!!! camping is the only way mate, and besides hotels will be fully booked by now. We do posh camping with hospitality and catering.

I am planning on going down again this year with my dad & brother. Hopefully the Esprit will be fit for the trip this time aswell :blink:

Just booked 2 camping tickets for Karting Nord which is supposedly numbered pitches this year so we might stand a chance of finding some free space when we come down on Friday morning - Have yet to sort out the crossings yet...

Can't wait.... :popo::lol:

Next year I might try and be more organised and attempt to get tickets for Houx...

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm just off to book me ferry and will be staying at this lovely place just a few miles from le Man.

They even have their own car show !!! full of petrol heads and you can cool off in the pool after a hard day at the track.

Hope to see some of you their.

http://www.chateau-de-chanteloup.com/ :lol:

GC1

Will be going down on the Thursday am on the 6am train, staying in a hotel this year on the Mulsanne straight just after the second chicane. After 10 years of campsites decided a bit of comfort well overdue -

Andy

• 2 months later...

I'm camping in Tetre Rouge this year, heading down on Thursday am in the Esprit (stickered up of course!) and back on Monday morning. Anyone up for a beer?

Good points to meet up might be Friday lunchtime on Mulsanne with the crowds, Friday evening or Saturday evening? Call me on 07973 402532 or make the arrangements here!

I hope everyone going will be decorating their Esprits with LEF stickers!? :lol:

Evora NA

We are going down Thursday too, back Monday. Where are you travelling over from Bibs? We have the 07.50 crossing on the tunnel.

Arnage Friday night for a beer?

Bibs -

Always up for a beer !! , we will be at the Classic British Welcome on friday lunchtime and either the drivers parade in town or taking a look up the pitlane on friday night. Saturday we are in the Maison Blanche grandstand ( near the pitlane entry) so could easily meet up for lunch. will be at castle coombe at the weekend so chat to you then,

Andy

:P

Evora NA

bibs hope to see you down on the Muslsane straight,we try and curse around abit first till they shut the roads,but will be looking out for any esprit's of course.

GC1

We will be cruising round too on Friday morning, and parking up at Indianapolis corner before as you say they close the roads. We will be in a Chrom Orange GT3 so shouldn't be too hard to miss.