free hit
counters
Charidee - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kimbers

Charidee

Well guys, I reckon it's about time we all stepped up to our responsibilities and started to promote both AEG, LEF and Lotus owners in general.

To do this I recommend that everytime we have a meeting that we all put just

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

I'm all for the Snetterton dog's home, my parents dog comes from there, he's lovely. He had a bit of a rough start in life, but he lives like a king now, I try to take him for walks when I can.

I'm all for a little bit of 'charity work', I already help out, well not so much now with the local SW club which raise about 3-4 thousand every year. I'll do what I can.

Owen

I am up for that Kimbers, but i can see one small problem - on tonights attendance that would raise

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Members names and make it up at the following meeting. I' happy to stump up a couple of quid at the next one. I would say anything over

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

We will discuss it, I agree we don't yet do anything for charity, so lets get moving on it.

With SimonF's comment about more attendees, there's another side to that, more meetings.

I know some of us struggle with weekday meets, for example Owen has to arrange to get away from work early to attend the first Tuesday one.

Why don't we either replace them with or supplement them with some weekend meets? Perhaps mid winter isn't a great time to start, but a run somewhere to celebrate the start of spring / Esprits coming back onto the road, e could go to a Norfolk coastal area or (as the coast is likely to be shut!!) a venue more southerly, perhaps an Essex venue.

The timing & location aren't the important bit, the getting somewhere as a group is.

We've got the NMEG visit coming up, what about going to see the guys from the big smoke?

Andy

Hi,

Regarding events to do with charity, what about the Lord Majors procession in Norwich? We could have a few cars attending, hopefully they would cope with crawling at a slow speed without over heating. We attend as the AEG. You collect money for what ever group they decide to sponsor, but there is an entry fee.

Just a thought.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

i like the one they do in the states( i belive one or several of our members went to this) where you buy one or more toys and then have a meeting and give them to a childrens home or charity, or even a local hospital childrens ward. i think taking the toys to a hospital ward would be fantastic as im sure they would help with rehabilitation or recovery for the kids.

just a suggestion to throw in as well as raising some funds.

Spot on, Si. That's pretty much the general principle that was discussed at the last AEG meet i.e. using funds raised to purchase items to assist a local charity(s). In fairness, we can't claim credit for the idea as NMEG do just that before Xmas each year.

I also think we need to choose a charity that is local and doesn't have a huge number of supporters. If we raised a few Hundred pounds, giving it to Cancer research wouldn't have as much effect as it would giving it, in dog food to the local rescue centre or Horse feed to ILPH or Redwings.

I like charity contributions, good idea Kimbers. Like you said in your first post, can this pick up the international guys? I am happy to contribute a little.

Iain

Sign in to follow this