free hit
counters
AEG meet February - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

AEG meet February

Since the lack of discussion about should we meet, when , where etc seemed to keep the posts about he last meet below 11 pages (I just waded through the November meet post to find the name & location)

1st Tuesday in Feb is the 5th.

Location (assuming we rotate to Cambridge next and keep the same pub in that area) is.

Ancient Shepherds

High Street

Fen Ditton

CAMBRIDGE

CB5 8S

Timing?

Aim to arrive 8pm

Eat 8:30?

Anybody care to change the time, venue date etc, please feel free, but I'll stick it in the calendar now.

Assuming no changes etc, who's likely to come, and who wants food.

Andydclements Food required

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work Andy :)

Yep, everyone agreed on Ancient Shepherds when we chatted about it earlier in the week. And 5th Feb sounds good too.

Wonder if we might be better eating at 8pm though?

Andy - food required

James - food required

Oh no ... I'm away at a conference that week !!!!!! :)

I've now missed the last two meets/events and am going to miss the next.

Will you remember who I am ?

Keep off the straight and narrow

and the meet with NMEG is the 2nd febuary meet?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Hi Tobi and welcome back :lol:

We've not had a baby attend one of our Esprit events before so that's definitely going to be a first!

Andy - food required

James - ditto

Simon - ditto

Steve - ditto

Tobi + husband - ditto

That sounds like I gave somebody a feline creature. It'll be good to meet you.

All being well I'll have the newly reconditioned rack etc on the TE, so you'll hear why I didn't want to have a cat on mine.

It's starting to look as though the Cambridge meet is going to be the most populated, or at least one of the more populated ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody

Just to let you know that the Ancient Shepherd has been booked for 8.30pm on Tuesday 5th February. I have booked provisionally for 8 people just in case we get some late interest!

Look forward to seeing you there!!

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Good man - saves me a job! :D

Wonder if Kimbers intends gracing us with his presence? A fiver says he's washing his hair or summat :P (yeah, I know, at least you've got some to wash :P)

Wonder all you like James - one things for certain - he won't be in the Esprit!! :D

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'll send a cardboard cut out shall I ?

Nifty, haven't seen you or heard what the outcome at the vets was. How is the not so little fella?

Guys, Kimbers could come in the Esprit now that he has brakes again, and is starting it regularly to keep the battery charged, but no he probably wouldn't turn up in it.

Andy

Hopefully I'll be back in the Blue TE by this event, just finished putting it back together after replacing the steering rack and steering UJs.

Found a leak in one of my coolant pipes, adjusted the ride height (it was a bit low which wouldn't help tram-lining).

Now to get the tracking kit out tomorrow/ later in the week and set the front tracking.

Check for water leaks and hopefully all will be well again.

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for asking.

Both Cole and I are getting fed up with the fact that he can't go out running around outside for fear of openning the wound up again. Because of his weight the stitches have pulled more than once already .. hence the slow healing and compulsory incarceration.

It'll be three weeks tomorrow since he had the lump removed and he's been back to the vets for inspections and redressings 3 times a week .. he knows them all personally now!!

(Thank the Lord I have veterinary insurance :blink: )

On Friday he got the all clear to keep the leg undressed, on strict instructions that he mustn't be allowed to lick the wound, openning it up again. I have been issued with a "lampshade" of a suitable size to stop him licking it and had to use it this morning .. what fun and games that was trying to get it on!!

I'm hoping that he will be allowed to exercise outside this coming week because he's going up the wall .. and taking me with him.

The good news from all of this was that the lump turned out to be calcinosis circumscripta causing a little lymphoid hyperplasia ....

.... no I don't really klnow either but it is benign and once removed should not return.

So, in the long run he should be fine :lol: apart from maybe a little scaring where the lump was removed.

Hi,

Drove down to Snetterton on Saturday morning for the LOT track day event just to do some filming. Thought I should ask when I got there to film, then I'm told it was going to cost me

Edited by OwenGT3

Owen,

I think the cost is so high as there are companies that film on the day and sell photographs of people going round - now your filming to them is no different, but to you the cost/profit margins will be tighter as you intend to sell a DVD and they sell each photograph for much the same price as you would sell that DVD.

Of course i wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some sort of deal going on (of the back hand variety) that they didn't want you musclling in on too!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Owen,

I think the cost is so high as there are companies that film on the day and sell photographs of people going round - now your filming to them is no different, but to you the cost/profit margins will be tighter as you intend to sell a DVD and they sell each photograph for much the same price as you would sell that DVD.

Of course i wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some sort of deal going on (of the back hand variety) that they didn't want you musclling in on too!

Yeah, it's all a load of money making bulls*** at the end of the day. Whether the day was a major event or not and something happened they have PLI, anyone who enters the circuit is covered.

Not to worry, I just go else where.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Hi all,

I have been speaking with Charlie C yesterday 31st January and he suggested that I come to one of your meetings and give you a talk about the birth of the Esprit and a few stories about Lotus F1 with a few exibits to show you all.

If you are all interested please let me know , you can email me at [email protected]

Regards,

Nick Fulcher.

Mike Kimberley's 'Can Do' Trim Guru