free hit
counters
Delorttos - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogerch

Delorttos

My 88 turbo, is a recent import the warmer climates of Australia from the UK

Assuming the jeting is standard (I haven't looked) I think it is runing a little on the rich side.

Does anyone have any experience of this, how much is a turbo affected by atmosferic conditions?

Roger :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Roger and welcome the forum and indeed the world of Esprit ownership in Australia.

There are not many of us and yours being a carby model is quite rare in these parts, they did not import any to my knowledge, witht he 88 Model here sporting the Lambda Fuel Injection.

I reckon you probably will have a big change in atmospheric pressure.

When i brought my esprit up from Melbourne it was running extremely rich and had to have it sorted.

If you have any questions feel free to call me 0407415006 or Brisbane 38299367

Cheers

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...

Hi Justin, great to see another Esprit in Brisbane. Like you I have moved up from Melbourne - where do you get any work done on the car? (I miss my Lotus guy - Steve Taylor at the Elan Factory).

Iain

g'day Iain

I do a lot of work myself, at the moment i have the transaxle out and am putting in another clutch, which is being built by Nicks Performance Clutches in Rocklea. a bargain at only $88 for a reskin of the friction plate...

I get Brisbane Tuning and Turbo to tune the engine and now it puts out a comfortably 230Hp at the wheels.

Where in Brisvegas do you live, maybe you could pop in and see my Esprit Memorabilia collection and Lotus Bar for a beer?

I live Bayside in Mount Cotton.

Justin

Sounds great Justin, I would love to bring the Esprit over and share some beer and show and tell.

I am at Karalee, half way between Brisbane and Ipswich. I work at RAAF Amberley.

Number is (07) 32948067, (07) 54678159 (wk)

I'll give you a call and tee something up.

Iain

Hey you say you work at Amberly aye?...I have a mate out there who trains pilots to fly the F1-11 as well as other stuff, Russel...he is into some serious speed.

What do you do out there?

maybe you could pop in and see my Esprit Memorabilia collection and Lotus Bar for a beer?

Pics please, esp the Lotus Bar :D :D :(

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I will take some pics tomorrow guys...is complete with every Esprit model advertisement by Lotus in frames, Lotuse neon light and backlit sign

posters, over 100 magazines featuring the beasts as well as various different Esprit parts and accessories.

In the last house we even had a Lotus Dance Floor that was a featured cutout in the middle of a floating timber floor and was a 1.5m in diametre Lotus Emblem Stencilled into the concrete.

I still own the house and my tenants say its a real hoot when they host parties...

I am sure i have photos somewhere....

...to answer your question Iain, I have a concrete manufacturing plant. I make concrete sleepers and poss as well as pavers and bollards.