Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Early stevens alloy indicator stalks - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Early stevens alloy indicator stalks

I'm going to see an engineering firm today who may be able to make up some polished alloy indicator stalks as there isn't any avalible for the early stevens models. Would anyone be interested in buying a set, i don't know the cost yet but obviously the more people that buy them the cheaper they will be. Just wanted to know rough numbers so i can tell the engineering firm. They will look a bit like this (hope you don't mind me using the photo Superdave) but will probably be straight.

Picture20045.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

Don't mind using the picture at all mate. Iam here to help the Esprit community.

I'll pm you with some interested info where to get it made in small quantities

Regards,

Dave Walters

id be interested

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I know what you mean about the push buttons but i don't think it would be possible withouut ruining the look. You could rewire the wiper switch so the washers squirt when you pull the stalk towards you but the horn may have to have a separate switch fitted somewhere else. Under the binnicle prehaps. What do you thibnk to that idea as there would be no point getting them made without push buttons if no one wants them.

I'd be interested, but I'd be even more interested in replacing the whole switch gear. The switch action just feels so cheap and creaky that I'd prefer to fit more modern switches. Has anyone done this (without replacing the entire column)? If it's possible to simply swap the switches, perhaps it would be better to offer them with alloy stalks already fitted.

More speed, less haste

what car are the stalks orginally from?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 2 weeks later...

Been to see the engineering company today and they are going to get a set made up as a prototype for me. They won't have switches on the end as this would be far too difficult and costly but it can be easily sorted. They will also be straight as opposed to the original bent ones which i think are slightly odd. Watch this space, should have a set made up in about a week. :D

Good news and bad. Bad news is they aren't going to make a free prototype for me so im going to have to shell out a fair bit of cash to even see what they will look like and they want to sell them to me in batches of 10 sets (left and right stalks). Good news is if all is ok with the prototype they should only cost

Edited by davegtst

Without unfortunatly. To make them with horn pushy things would be very difficult and very costly. A simple push button switch under the binicle should work fine and the washer pushy thing could easily be rewired. If and when i get the prototype made i'll do a fitting guide, it will involve cutting your old stalks though so they wouldn't be reuseable.

i agree dave they are not pretty,

but i would be useless at reconfiguring the wash/wipe and horn...

didn't superdave have stalks for the early stevens?

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg