free hit
counters
Early stevens alloy indicator stalks - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Early stevens alloy indicator stalks

My friend is a enginer I am going to have a word with him about this to see if he can design around the orginal switch layout, alng with some other parts of trim in alloy. will keep you all posted

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi Dave hope you got back yesterday ok with the wheels.

The stalks looked really good btw.

Not sure what people are on about with regards to the wash wipe and horn as my wash wipe is activated by pulling the stalk towards me and my horn is in the steering wheel??? Is Roger saying the SE is different???

Seriously though they did look good.

Waynef

Got back fine cheers, much quicker than getting to you. The horn is originally on the end of the indicator stalk, with my new stalks there is no switch on the end so the horn switch wil lhave to be relocated. The windscren washer switch is on the end of the wiper stalk but they can be rewired easily to eliminate this switch.

Got them fitted now. I think they look great and they take out most of the 'slack' out of the original stalks. For me they are a massive improvement.

From this

Indicatorstalks004.jpg

To this

Indicatorstalks015.jpg

Edited by davegtst

They look ace, well done!

Have you re-routed the horn/washer motor? Was it easy?

Oh, and your pics are too big, please read this...

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...st&p=167777

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sorry boss :whistle: is that better now? I haven't re done the horn yet but its only a case of wiring in a new push switch under the binicle. I've rewired the wash/wipe switch so it now washes the screen when you pull the stalk back.