free hit
counters
Esprit turbo nose sticker - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
eengel1

Esprit turbo nose sticker

my Esprit S3 turbo has been built in 1984. ( vin XXX EHD1 XXX)

It has the small esprit turbo logo on both sides, but no esprit turbo logo on the nose.

Some cars have the Esprit turbo logo also on the nose.

Are those only the cars with the larger logo ( 160mm) or is mine just missing?

Lotus logo is 170mm from the bottom.

Thanks for your feedback

Marc

post-4237-1200227104.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ive been wondering about this too, I think if I understood right that it was on cars pre 85 but am not too sure would welcome anyone who knows. Im only going on the decal possitioning in the service manual. I like the nose decal and I know Simonf was thinking about putting one on his.

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I,ve got an 84 turbo, totally unmolested and original ( until now !) and it doesn't have the front sticker......so who knows?

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone :-(

1977 S1 Esprit, in bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The parts falling from this car are examples of the finest British craftsmanship”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Hello all

Some early Turbo's had 3 decals these being the 160mm 'tall' ones. (see parts list E082T0325J page 12.05A)

One on each side and one, you guessed it on the front, under the nose badge.

We only have black ones left part number A082U4833F that sell at

Parts Supplying Lotus God

thanks for your feedbacks

- this is really a detail, still interesting !

find attached a few pictures

interesting on top left car , nose badge is on post 85 position

bottom right car has large side logos and front logo, as you would expect.

top right car is post 85, nose badge has different shape.

Cheers

Marc

post-4237-1200426881.jpg

Oooh...

My cars famous now! :lol:

Actuerlly - hadn't noticed the difference in Lotus badge positions!

I rather like the nose decal - and black on silver very striking...

Just getting a shiny new sticker to go with the post deer hitting repairs whilst she's at SJ's...

Iain

Edited by Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Iain - yes your car is famous now, will certainly increase its value :-)

I like the front turbo esprit badge as well, that looks so - " original esprit " , Essex also had one !

but as my car has the small stickers I will ( unfortunately) not have one on the bonnet.

My guess is that they reduced the size of the stickers and removed it from the front because Turbo chargers were

becoming more common with the years, so no need anymore to point it out.

Cheers

Marc

Hiya Marc - thanks for the plug :P

If I can be of any help with your project - just shout! :D

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

became a member at lotus esprit world and downloaded the illustrated parts catalogue

see attached

quantity for 160mm decal is 3 , whereas quantity for 116mm is 2.

just a confirmation ! :-)

remains the mystery about the nose badge position.

Cheers

Marc

post-4237-1201034188.jpg

Don't know if it helps - but mine was delivered Jan '83 - but built 82 - came off production line in Dec of that year.

In fact - I've just realised that with Colin's death on 16 December 1982 - mine is quite literally one of the last of the Chapman era cars... :D

Iain

Edited by Iain

...and yet my 1984 model has a high up nose badge and small side decals??????

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone :-(

1977 S1 Esprit, in bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The parts falling from this car are examples of the finest British craftsmanship”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Hi Robert - nice car! :D

When I first had mine it had the large black nose decal, but small side decals in gunmetal - changed/added by previous owner - along with a lot of non-standard pinstriping.

Perhaps yours have been changed over the years?

I think all posters on this thread should wear 'I'm a Lotus Esprit decal anorak' anoraks :D

Edited by Iain

Yes but where should the decals go and what colour?

Now there's a whole new thread on it's own! :D

Robert

mine has been built in 1984 as well and has the two small side stickers, no nose sticker and the high position nose logo.

guess that is how it should be.

Cheers

Marc

Iain

"I think all posters on this thread should wear 'I'm a Lotus Esprit decal anorak' anoraks"

- I fully agree, this is really a special subject, certainly also good for a "model" car forum.

Cheers :-)

Marc

now on my car the lotus esprit nose sticker was above the lotus black and silver disc on the bonnet not below, and with them on the rear side panels also.

The plot thickens...

Perhaps the member of Lotus staff that fitted badges and decals to Esprits in the early 80's thought it would be fun to use a random badge placement process in order to confuse anorak owners 25 years later... :o

And why am I reminded of the (urban?) legend that the guy that made up the wiring looms for '70s Elans was colour-blind? :o:ermm:

Iain