free hit
counters
Baby/Child Seats in SE - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SE Owner :-D

Baby/Child Seats in SE

Hi Guys,

Anyone done it on an SE type seat, or thought about it? Is it even possible? Also thinking that i will want S300 seats can you fit one in there as well?

I need it (Our Baby due 28th June)... B)

Thanks,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've done it with both booster and baby seats (Graco?) and there was no issue....they were standard SE seats.

-Chandra

91SE

Me too,

Baby seat / carrier and now "full size" seat for a 5 year old. All fitted without problems in an '88 Turbo which I think has the same (or similar) seats to a SE.

The only problem you have is not hitting your child's head on the top of the door frame as they get it as it can be a bit of a tight squeeze. It's fine once they are in though.

Richard

Hi Guys,

Anyone done it on an SE type seat, or thought about it? Is it even possible? Also thinking that i will want S300 seats can you fit one in there as well?

Thanks,

Rog

Baby on the way, congrats to Roger and Sam, nice to have one born in summer, its nice an easy. Should be staright forward to fit a seat, theres loads of types to choose from.

How is Sam doing, blossoming yet???

Alex

I don't think it will be that straight forward if you plan on fitting the S300 seats. I have tried to fit several seats into the Sport 350 and none have worked out yet. If you find one that is particularly narrow please let me know. I have a 6 month old and a 2 year old so I need a baby seat and a small child seat (although in a few months time just a small child seat as Daisy grows up a little) :D

BSAvenirTrail.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Roger

I had a little girl in the end back in September. As for babyseat I use a rearward facing Mamas & Papas seat and it fits fine. I also have a forward facing Seat that fits fine too.

We'll have to get together as who said an Esprit is not practical mine fits the Pram (In front) carrycot in the rear and childseat no probs.

We'll also have to get together on Southern meet again just make sure your hoses are up to it this time.

Waynef

Wow . . . here in the states it is illegal to have a child in a baby seat in the front seat . . . . so no children required to be in a child seat can feel the thrill of the lotus at all . . .

I had a problem with the rear facing seat fitting. The seat belt wasn't quite long enough. However the next seat and then his booster/harness seat does fit the car. (V8 Comfort seats)

My advice is to take the car to mothercare or somewhere similar and get them to try it. The S300 seats may be more of a problem though.

The woman at mothercare had done a porsche but never a Lotus lol.

All the best

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

There was an Esprit at Donington a couple of years ago with a baby seat fixed onto the centre console.

It was securely fixed but I'm not sure on the legality of a 3 seater Esprit? :D

On a subtly different note. What is the legality in the UK of forward facing child seats in a car with a passenger side airbag which cannot be disabled?

The reason I ask is that my wife occasionally puts my two year old's child seat in the front of our Honda CRV so she can give her friend but we are not sure if it is safe or legal?

thanks

-Chris

Edited by cweeden

Brilliant news gentlemen - thanks for all the responses. Think baby ought to have fwd facing although to be fair rear facing might be wise just to see bibs (behind me) :D

Wayne, congrats. The hoses are sorted and many new toys too - who's gonna have the fastest baby seat?

Alex, thank you Sam is doing great after a rocky start to pregnancy.

I am throwing every penny at the SE in time for a future of frugal living and sleepless nights.

Right Troy, Mothercare it is then.

Thanks again,

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Found the post at last! Congrat Roger and Sam really good news!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I put a Graco booster type seat in mine (on top of a towel to protect the leather). Fits at a very slight angle due to the shape of the car seat, but thats not a problem. Kids love it, especially my 6 year old daughter when I took her to school in it a few times.

the very young seats - rear facing - and the older seat - booster type - all simply secure with a seat beat - so as long as you disable the airbag you should be ok. no airbags for children under 12.

the 'older than infant but not 40lbs' - the seats have to be anchored from the top as well - and that would be a problem in the Esprit.....

Edited by Quikr

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

You might find it tricky to get a forward seat from birth.

I would half suggest go with a rear seat first and they are safer (the baby ain't gonna care and you can see what is happening). Once they get big enough to have a forward seat then get one to fit the esprit. This is basically what we have done with Jake and it has worked. He is old enough to appreciate having fun in the car this summer and even more so now (2 shortly).

Is this your first??

Cheers

Edited by th4neuk

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Rog

You kept that quiet Rog, congrats en all.....

All the best

Jon & Jo (GT3 jonny)

I found the rear facing seat only just went in because of seatbelt length (this was on the S3). It meant the seat was tipped back a bit, so when accelerating hard it was best to put a hand out to stop the baby's head wobbling too much!

............. that's fightingtorque!!!

www.fightingtorque.com

Guest Troy Halliday
Right Troy, Mothercare it is then.

Rog

Can we wait spring collection comes in so I can get some new clothes at the same time :D

Roger I have located your HKS blow off valve and am getting the adapters fabricated at the moment. So if any one else is interested in a HKS blowoff valve kit let me know and I'll get a couple made at the same time. I already have Roger and Fishy down for one. Dermot has the same set up so if you want to know more about it check out his site or have a look at HKS USA to find out more. These are a dual valve unit that unlike normal valves will not leak or creep under preasure.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

1st Alan - thanks - maybe more if i survive...

Thanx Jonny, We must hoon soon.

Troy - great news.

Regards,

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Rear facing to start with and then front facing at about 9-12months. both fit easily in the esprit, click in and out of base is really good idea in the rear facing ones as they can be a pain to get in and out and it will help the baba stay asleep.

The smallest current push chair carseat system is the Quinny zap which folds down to about the size of a packet of kingsize cigarette.

Lovely picture Mark,

I'm almost going all paternal...

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Rog, a little advice for when Rog Jnr appears...

http://www.c00lstuff.com/1133/Do_s_and_don_ts_with_babies/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.