free hit
counters
Marcasite Replacement - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nfulcher

Marcasite Replacement

We at Nick Fulcher Coachtrimmers have had a few enquiries about Marcasite, it was made by Fibre Coated Fabrics and sadly they no longer exist.

We are now looking to find a new company who would be able to re-produce the material in the Grey and the Brown. The problem with the Marcasite was that it was a cotton based faric and it degrades in the sun so we would try and get the replica material made with a polyester based fabric.

The Marcasite was used in some of the S1's and possibly the S2's (it was a long while ago and i can't remember), and it was also used in the Elite 504.

Before we spend hours on the telephone trying to get this sorted what we would like to know is how many of you might be interested in the material?

There would undoubtably be a minimum run and unfortunately would come to cost at the end of the day but if there's enough interest we will pursue it.

Please let us know your thoughts

Nick & Steve Fulcher

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Nick,

I'd be interested if it were available in black as the original in my S2 which I've re-dyed because it turned green.

Pete

I would be interested!

Now that 039 is complete, lets start another!

Jeff

Revised, because I sold a car: I would like to buy enough to do two brown interiors, with some left over. :D

Edited by Tony K

Without wishing to hijack the thread did you ever get any orange carpet remade for the S1 Nick?

Paul.

I would be interested if available in black original car colour

Phil

Hi Nick,

I'd be interested if it were available in black as the original in my S2 which I've re-dyed because it turned green.

Pete

How did you redye it, what did you use

Phil

I cross-posted this to the S1S2S3owners yahoogroup. I hope some people are interested.

Is anyone on here a member of an Elite/Eclat forum that can post it there?

I am extremely interested. I have been attempting to locate it for some time. I would be refinishing my S1 in the grey. Thanks so much,

Rogers

I would like some of the black fabric please if your getting some made

Ay idear of the costs?

Matt

Many many thanks for all of your interest in a Marcasite replacement.

In answer to some of your questions.......

At present we have no idea how wide this material will be if/when it is made and this obviously is a major factor in how many metres of material you would need but we believe that 4-5 metres of material should be ample.

We have now started to make enquirys with various mills and manufacturers but at present we have absolutely no idea of any possible cost in this, we will post our findings as we go.

Please keep posting your Marcasite requests, we are keeping tabs on your demand & colour required.

Kind regards

Nick & Steve

Hi. If you're keeping a record of all showing interest, please add me to that list. Though truth told, since I don't know if the current interior is the car's original color, I would like to know more about where to track down the tartan material.

-The Shoe-

Hello Nick,

Has this effort gone anywhere? I would buy enough brown Marcasite for 3-4 Esprit interiors.

Thanks,

Tony

P.S. -- what is the availability of the original beige seat fabric for S1s? (I think it was called Mole.)

i'm in Nick if that fits with the interior resto,

Also wanted to say hi, but i'll give you a call tomorrow. Car is currently having the Engine rebuilt after the Europe trip! speak soon

Leon